OneDrive problem with fullwidth question mark "?"

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

If filename in OneDrive contains the fullwidth question mark "?", rclone will consider it as halfwidth question mark "?" even in just listing.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.2-224-gddfde681-beta

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.6

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 2004, 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone -vv lsd od:test

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Should be irrelevant

A log from the command with the -vv flag

There is a folder called "???", when I list it, it shows "???"

.\rclone.exe -vv lsd od:test
2020/07/20 15:34:28 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.52.2-224-gddfde681-beta" starting with parameters ["C:\\Users\\tang_\\OneDrive\\Green\\Rclone\\rclone_beta.exe" "-vvv" "lsd" "od:test"]
2020/07/20 15:34:28 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\Users\\tang_\\.config\\rclone\\rclone.conf"
          -1 2020-07-20 15:03:30         0 ???
2020/07/20 15:34:30 DEBUG : 5 go routines active

Check out:

Thanks, but that's not the answer, "?" is invalid, "?" is valid, I already put the folder "???" in OneDrive, but rclone list "?" as "?" and this causes further problems.

See also:

https://rclone.org/onedrive/#restricted-filename-characters

@Animosity022 You misunderstood his question. He understand that "?" will be replaced as "?" but what he don't understand is why Rclone printing "?" as "?". It should print "?" as "?" instead of "?".

Oh, I see now.

I don't understand why people use ? in files, but that's a different thing too :slight_smile:

Thanks @Harry

@Harry @Animosity022 Thanks both of you. Now I understand what happened.
Rclone considers like this: "?" is valid in some cloud storage, but invalid in OneDrive, so when copy files to OneDrive, "?" will be replaced as "?". And to reverse this action, when read from OneDrive, "?" will be replaced as "?".
But my situation is, the file is originally "?" on my computer. I used to use offical OneDrive client sync local to OneDive and use rclone sync local to Google Drive. Everything was fine, filename in OneDrive and Google Drive are both "?". Recently I run out of my local disk space, and thanks to OneDrive Files On-Demand feature, I can release some local files but still see them in Windows Explorer. But now I can only use rlcone sync OneDrive to Google Drive instead of local to Google Drive. And this problem started to bother me. Rclone consider the file "?" in google drive should be deleted and need to copy a file called "?".
Also, I'm Chinese, fullwidth characters are always available in any file system, so there is no concern when I create folders and files with "?" in the past

If you don't want the question mark translated then use

--onedrive-encoding "Slash,LtGt,DoubleQuote,Colon,Asterisk,Pipe,Hash,Percent,BackSlash,Del,Ctl,LeftSpace,LeftTilde,RightSpace,RightPeriod,InvalidUtf8,Dot"

Or remove all the encoding as you can't have files with those names on windows

--onedrive-encoding "Slash,InvalidUtf8,Dot"

You can put the encoding parameter into your backend config.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.