Onedrive-chunk-size function

Do onedrive-chunk-size and onedrive-upload-cutoff allow files larger than 10G to be synced to onedrive by splitting them or are they a network thing only?

They allow large files to be uploaded in chunks. I’m not sure of the largest file that can be uploaded though - what do the one drive docs say?

The docs are not very clear on that.

As far as I can see 10GB is the maximum file size. I haven’t found an official doc from Microsoft in, but that is what googling reveals.

I know i was hoping that the chunk option will cut files that are large so it will go around this limitation.

Don’t think so, sorry :frowning:

i have the same problem at the moment. So the chunker function is not to bypass the file size limitation on onedrive?

I tried it but the upload won't start, it just stop after 2 secons and shows:

Transferred: 0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Errors: 0
Checks: 0 / 0, -
Transferred: 0 / 0, -
Elapsed time: 0s

Or my config is wrong?

[onedrive]
type = onedrive
token = xxx
drive_id = xxx
drive_type = personal

[onedrivecrypt]
type = crypt
remote = onedrive:/omvbackupcrypt
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = xxx
password2 = xxx

[onedriveoverlay]
type = chunker
remote = onedrivecrypt:/Daten/

I used this command to try it (small files worked):

rclone sync /media/2b391cac-0221-456d-8e85-e910ab7182d7/omv/Data/ onedriveoverlay:/Data/ --progress

So maybe it's just OneDrive which does not support it and I understand "Chunker" wrong? If so: Does GoogleDrive has this filze size limitation too (It seems GoogleDrive have 5TB according to internet search)?

Thanks!
Rapture

It should do yes, but note the chunk sizes are quite large by default.

It might be best if you open a new topic about this and put your config plus some log file.