OneDrive abnormality

I am suffering a abnormality in OneDrive Graph API. I have bunch of accounts, but in some accounts if I try rclone about remote: they return everything 0, like this:

Total:   0
Used:    0
Free:    0
Trashed: 0

However everything else works fine, so I am 100% sure that this is not a API Permission issue and in some other accounts it works perfectly fine.

So, I tried to debug it using the --dump=responses flag and I got the response is this:

{
  ....

  "quota": {
    "deleted": 0,
    "remaining": 0,
    "total": 0,
    "used": 0
  }
}

OneDrive actually returning 0, so nothing wrong with Rclone.

Then I started to digging into Graph API Explorer, and made the same request Rclone did, but in that case, the API returns:

"quota": {
    "deleted": 152,
    "remaining": 5494699364198,
    "state": "normal",
    "total": 5497558138880,
    "used": 1428477633
}

I don't know why the API returns 0 when Rclone request it. Not an issue with Rclone, but OneDrive, maybe?

It sounds like an rclone issue to me just based on what you say here .I would hazard a guess maybe something changed in how the API reports the data and the zeroes are the result on some default fallback value. In other words I would suspect that rclone does get a responsefrom the command, but that response is just not readable. At least, that is my speculation without looking into the details more.

I think what I would do is make a formal issue about it and/or contact the Onedrive remote maintainer to notify about the problem.

@ncw is that you? If not I suspect you know who is :slight_smile:

EDIT: It seems to be still working for me though, but there does exist some different account-types for Onedrive, so this could just be because I have a different account-type than you.

[15:21:26,03]
C:\rclone>rclone version
rclone v1.51.0-113-g98ad80be-pr-3782-union-beta
- os/arch: windows/amd64
- go version: go1.14

[15:21:27,72]
C:\rclone>rclone about Onedrive:
Total:   5T
Used:    448.934G
Free:    4.562T
Trashed: 0

At first (week ago) it was working fine for every accounts. But now it works only in 5-6 accounts out of 20.
I have OneDrive for Business.

I believe mine falls under the same system also.

I guess it is also possible that the graph API explorer is accessing a different system than the public interface rclone uses - and Microsoft is just having some temporary issues that results in bad data reporting. If those accounts are all the same type and yet some randomly work while others don't then it kind of sounds like it may be the case.

How long has this persisted?

Yeah i think so.

Like 2 days ago. At first it was 3 account, then 8, now 14 accounts return zero. The rest works though.

I tried with the default rclone client/pass and my own client/pass, both returns zero. :confused:

I think it would be worth waiting a little more time to see if it just corrects itself from Microsoft's side before escalating then.

It would certainly not be the first time that a weird issue popped up because a cloud provider was performing some big maintenance task, upgrading or restructuring.

1 Like

If you please make a new issue on github with instructions how to reproduce then I'll ping the onedrive maintainer for you :slight_smile:

The issue resolved itself. I'm guessing there was some kind of issue with their servers.
You can close it.

Update: The issue is back but thankfully someone reported it.

1 Like