Offline uploading

hi…
running rclone v1.40 with these mount settings…

rclone mount crypt:/ /srv/storage
–config /srv/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
–cache-tmp-upload-path=/srv/.config/rclone/cache
–cache-db-path=/srv/.config/rclone/cache-db
–dir-cache-time=1m
–cache-chunk-size=5M
–cache-info-age=168h
–cache-tmp-wait-time=60m
–cache-workers=8
–buffer-size=0M
–attr-timeout=1s
–allow-non-empty
–allow-other
–log-file=/srv/logs/rclone.log
–gid=0
–uid=1000
–umask=0002
–drive-use-trash=false

Should Offline uploading not work then?? and should it not wait 60m before uploading to gdrive??

as soon as i copy into to the mount it directly uploads it… so i only get upload speed and not the speed i should get by copying into a local tmp…

i got this error in my syslog:
Apr 19 14:55:04 media rclone[1368]: 2018/04/19 14:55:04 ERROR : Couldn’t find home directory or read HOME or XDG_CONFIG_HOME environment variables.

Apr 19 14:55:04 media rclone[1368]: 2018/04/19 14:55:04 ERROR : Defaulting to storing config in current directory.
Apr 19 14:55:04 media rclone[1368]: 2018/04/19 14:55:04 ERROR : Use -config flag to workaround.
Apr 19 14:55:04 media rclone[1368]: 2018/04/19 14:55:04 ERROR : Error was: user: Current not implemented on linux/amd64

Any help is deeply appreciated :slight_smile:

What’s the user you are running it at? It looks like it’s missing a home directory.

I believe it should work like that yes…

Can you post some log?

What environment are you running it from? rclone is having trouble finding your home directory. So either set the HOME environment variable or use --config to specify the path to a config file.

Shouldn’t the 2nd line –config /srv/.config/rclone/rclone.conf load the config ??

But it uploads directly on gdrive on doesnt just copy it to temp and upload after 60…

Yes ofc but not sure which u want… should i mount with som special args to get them in my defined rclone.log from mount cmd ? –log-file=/srv/logs/rclone.log

It does, but rclone prints the error message anyway! I made an issue: https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/2268

Ideally add -vv to your command line, then post the rclone.log you are making already. If you can start a fresh mount then do the minimum about to demonstrate the problem then stop it and post the log that would be perfect!

Thanks