OAuth verification after October 3, 2022

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have a Google student drive that was verified at around 2018 via rclone.
However, even though it still active, I am unable to login to that account due to the login portal being different with the user and pass no longer avaible.

Due to the changes to Google OOB in October, I need to know would I need to authorize the Google drive account via login into google after october? Or can I just leave it after October and still be able to use it everyday without re-authorising.

I am on the latest rclone but like I said, the auth details on rclone were authorised around 2018/19.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive student

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Rlone mount "Google Drive:/" i:  /// rclone copy "Google Drive:/" "xxx:/"  /// etc etc

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

any help on this please?

hi,

as i understand it,
if you are using v1.58.0 or later, then there is nothing you need to do.

fwiw, this has been discussed many times in the forum.

yes, i have read those, but my question is do i need to re-auth on the newer rclone versions?
i am using the latest version of rclone, but unless i'm mistaking, i thought i'm only safe if i authorised my google drive via login on version 1.58.0 or later.

so just to clarify... does it matter if i authorised my google drive prior 1.58.0,
am i right to know as long as i'm using the same config on a recent version i don't have to touch it.

is that correct?

so just so i know,

[Action Required] Migrate your impacted OAuth out-of-band flow to an alternative method before Oct. 3, 2022
"You don't have to do anything if you use 1.58 or newer. You also don't have to do anything if you use 1.57 or older and don't plan on reconfiguring Rclone remotely."

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.