Not sure if transfers successful (interrupted, crypt)

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm uncertain if files have been transferred successfully. This is local to encrypted Google Drive remote.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I noticed rclone pre-allocating files, i.e. upon transfer start the destination file is the same size as the source. And from what I understand, checksums can't be performed with a 'crypt, and size is only compared. If an rclone copy is interrupted, I notice on restarting it that the previous files in transit are skipped. It seems like this would allow for incomplete transfers to be incorrectly assumed complete. I'd like clarification whether this is the case, and if it is, what I can do to mitigate the issue. Re-running the copy command mentions "checks" being performed (extremely quickly) - I'm also curious what these are.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.1

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.4

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64-bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive (G Suite account)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy "S:\source" "GDFS-crypt:\destination" --transfers 2 --create-empty-src-dirs --use-mmap --progress -v

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[GDFS]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
scope = drive
pacer_min_sleep = 100ms
pacer_burst = 100
token = 
root_folder_id = (root)

[GDFS-crypt]
type = crypt
remote = GDFS-cached:/Encrypted/Pantheon
filename_encryption = obfuscate
directory_name_encryption = true
password = 
password2 = 

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2020-08-20 11:58:40 NOTICE: Encrypted drive 'GDFS-crypt:/path/path/path': --checksum is in use but the source and destination have no hashes in common; falling back to --size-only

There's no pre allocation of files.

It should not as it compares the size/mod time and there isn't a thing for 'incomplete' transfers for Google Drive. It either moves the whole file or doesn't.

Checks just compare size/modtime for a file and see if they are the same.

You'd have to share a debug log of output to validate things as it's just guessing without it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.