Not copying google docs from local folder

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am copying files from an external hard drive which I've syncronized with my Google Drive which contains gdocs, gsheets besides other types of documents and I am getting an error saying rclone cannot copy the Google type files, that the operation is not supported which is weird because when I copy the same folder from Gdrive on the cloud it works just fine and copy everything.

There is any flag or similar I can use to copy that kind of files from the local folder?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

MacOs Big Sur, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive and Amazon S3

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone -P sync "/Volumes/GoogleDrive/Shared drives/Adm" S3:gws.backup.alt/Adm

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[S3]
type = s3
provider = AWS
env_auth = true
access_key_id = ################
secret_access_key = ############
location_constraint = ap-southeast-2
acl = private
bucket_acl = private
upload_cutoff = 5G
chunk_size = 5G
disable_checksum = true

[local]
type = local

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2021/02/24 11:35:37 ERROR : isbn_dl_2021.xlsx.gsheet: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: open /Volumes/GoogleDrive/Shared drives/Adm/isbn_dl_2021.xlsx.gsheet: operation not supported
2021/02/24 11:35:38 ERROR : GESTIOĢN 2018/recursos_videos.xlsx.gsheet: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: open /Volumes/GoogleDrive/Shared drives/Adm/GESTIOĢN 2018/recursos_videos.xlsx.gsheet: operation not supported
2021/02/24 11:35:38 ERROR : GESTIOĢN 2018/tarifas_altamar_2018.gsheet: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: open /Volumes/GoogleDrive/Shared drives/Adm/GESTIOĢN 2018/tarifas_altamar_2018.gsheet: operation not supported
2021/02/24 11:36:14 Failed to sync with 22 errors: last error was: failed to open source object: open /Volumes/GoogleDrive/Shared drives/Adm/GESTIOĢN 2019/SUBVENCION 2019 (1)/PROYECTOS PRESENTADOS.gdoc: operation not supported

hello and welcome to the forum,

about gdrive,
did not see that in the config file?
are you using a rclone mount?
where did those .gsheet files come from?

can you post the full debug including the top lines?
try to copy a single file so the log will be not be so long.
add -vv to the command for debug output.

Hi and thanks for your reply,

yep the gdrive is in the config file, I didn't add it because from there is copying ok that specific files.

I am not using not using a rclone mount, I installed Google Drive App on my computer and after download the files just trying to sync the files from there, that make sense?

those .gsheet files are files created on Google Drive itself:
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 17.44.03

UPDATE

I've just figure out what is going on and why is not copying those specific files

it turns out we cannot download those files to our computer because that option is disabled for Google files!

Hope this info can help someone.
Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.