Non technical documentation

@ncw Suggestions for improvements to the docs are always welcome!

I will have a bit of a go - it might take me a while, or hopefully draw some gems from others.

@ncw Sync your files to cloud storage with rclone" which I quite liked

I like that too.

Sync - A good clear word the target audience understand.
your - Yes, it is for you, not for someone else.
files - Avoids getting bogged down in objects and other pedantry. People think they know what files are.
to - Nearly, it can be the other way (rclone's sync is not bidirectional) as @LinuxOnTheDesktop 's comment drew to my attention.
.cloud storage - Everyone knows what that means - especially I like the absence of improper capitals!
with - Yes, it is a direct link to rclone - the thing that will do what you need done.
rclone - Great, that puts rclone into the slogan - no rsync envy now.

How about turning the phrase around into something more direct that puts rclone at the start of the phrase and loses an excess word?

rclone syncs your files with cloud storage

I'm not sure whether to capitalise rclone/Rclone here:-

Rclone syncs your files with cloud storage

Personally I prefer the lower case. It would look twee to do something like:-

::rclone:: syncs your files with cloud storage but that probably would chew up search engine crawlers and look horrid in some fonts, though the markdown surprisingly (to me) tolerates it.
The double colons do also look a bit too APIish and that is very much what rclone users seem to be gladly avoiding.

@ncw, or anyone else, given the breadth of rclone's current capabilities have you ever thought through any subsidiary straplines relating to:-

• Mount, mapping encryption and abstraction of drives (that isn't a finished suggestion, just a suggestion of scope!) - I'm struggling for terminology here.

• Drawing on

Rclone is a command line program to sync files and directories to and from cloud storage systems such as Google Drive, Amazon Drive, S3, B2 etc.

As a secondary strap-line, how about something like:-

rclone's powerful set of command line file utilities extend the capability of cloud storage web interfaces without repeated recourse to their complex, diverse APIs. The approach of the utilities is familiar for ad hoc use, or can be conveniently automated - even across different cloud storage providers.

That needs a bit more work and it does run on a bit (lot). I have avoided listing cloud storage providers - that already makes a great breakout section.

(Leaving this bit for now - This could become the anything to anything, much like PIP and is, again, just a scoping statement for now.)