NFS and Rclone Mount

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

rclone mounted correctly, no problem browsing the file content remotely using samba. but it is not possible to see the content is using NFS.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount gDrive: /mnt/share/gdrive

i am sharing the /mnt/share via NFS and the client can see the content of all subfolder, except the gdrive folder which will be empty.

i understand this may not rclone related issues, from what i google all point to user-space FS and NFS and so on, i just would like to know if there is any chance that there is a solution out there somewhere? i did tried exportfs -a but no avail.

This stack overflow answer linux - Having trouble exporting FUSE via NFS - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange seems to indicate that NFSv4 is the way to go.

Can you give that a try?

You might want to check out this post as well How to properly export and import NFS shares that have subdirectories as mount points also? - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange which gives some NFS options you'll need for submounts as /mnt/share/gdrive is a submount of /mnt/share

Sorry NFS foo is weak this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to mount as NFS4 with below command, but unfortunately i still cannot see rclone mounted folder while all other folder is appearing correctly.

sudo mount -t nfs4 192.168.1.100:/volume2/downloads ~chchia/test

the second works!

How to properly export and import NFS shares that have subdirectories as mount points also? - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.