Newbie Alert: Replicating OneDrive and GoogleDrive

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I want to clone my OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and GooglePhotos onto a 3TB HDD I have attached to an RPi 4. I'd like to run the cloning operation every 12 hours, preferably every 6 hours.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.57.0

• os/version: raspbian 11.2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.10.920v8+ (aarch64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: arm
  • go/version: go1.17.2
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive
GooglePhotos
OneDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

I am trying to automate the command below to run on a regular basis. I suspect I only need one and not both.

rclone sync GoogleDrive: /mnt/1TB_HDD/GoogleDrive
rclone sync GooglePhotos: /mnt/1TB_HDD/GooglePhotos
rclone sync OneDrive: /mnt/1TB_HDD/OneDrive

rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount OneDrive: /mnt/1TB_HDD/OneDrive --allow-non-empty
rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount GoogleDrive: /mnt/1TB_HDD/GoogleDrive --allow-non-empty
rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount GooglePhotos: /mnt/1TB_HDD/GooglePhotos --allow-non-empty

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[GoogleDrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"secret_token_id","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"refresh_token_id","expiry":"2022-02-16T16:16:06.880494787Z"}
team_drive =

[OneDrive]
type = onedrive
token = {"access_token":"secret_token_id","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"refresh_token_id","expiry":"2022-02-16T16:16:06.880494787Z"}
drive_id = 23a396028c0b7068
drive_type = personal

[GooglePhotos]
type = Google Photos
{"access_token":"secret_token_id","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"refresh_token_id","expiry":"2022-02-16T16:16:06.880494787Z"}

I just copied the token info. The expiry info is slightly different.

A log from the command with the -vv flag

I don't have any errors. I'm looking for How-To help.

There is no reason to use a mount as that would make it another layer for no value.

I'd just use the first three and sync that way.

Test with --dry-run and make sure it's doing what you want.

Thanks @Animosity022.

How do I get the sync to work automatically on reboot? I realize that this is a newbie question, but I am not that familiar with Linux.

I found the GUI and I can say that it is fantastic. I had no issue mounting up the 3 configs and using the daemon option is perform the mount operation on boot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.