New windows mount - testers wanted

I've recently been experimenting with a new method of integrating the mount feature into rclone's windows code. This new method is much easier to build and supports windows/arm64 as well as windows/x86 and windows/amd64.

I'd like to switch over to it for the new release, but before that I'd like some feedback from Windows users. It should work exactly the same as the existing code and if it doesn't I'd like to know. It passes all of its tests.

Technically speaking, what this does is abandon using CGO to integrate cgofuse and WinFSP and use the no-CGO method of using cgofuse. This means that no C compiler is needed during the build which simplifies the build process enormously.

Here is the build - please test on Windows (there are no changes for linux/macOS here).

v1.59.0-beta.6082.0aa87babf.fix-cmount-windows-nocgo on branch fix-cmount-windows-nocgo

1 Like

hi,

is this the plan?
current: cgo+winfsp
future: cgofuse+winfsp

beta not working.

d:\data\rclone\exe\windows\rclone-v1.59.0-beta.6082.0aa87babf.fix-cmount-windows-nocgo-windows-amd64\rclone.exe mount 
Error: unknown command "mount" for "rclone"
Run 'rclone --help' for usage.
You could use 'rclone selfupdate' to get latest features.

2022/04/23 12:00:21 Fatal error: unknown command "mount" for "rclone"

We are currently using cgofuse and winfsp and that won't change, I'd just like to use it slightly differently.

I must have messed up the build... Will have another go shortly!

I'll test in a bit. Just to be clear, WinFSP is still needed, right?

EDIT: I guess that should have made it clear already :wink:

Ok Here is the new build. I've tested it does actually have the mount command this time!

It passes the unit tests and seems to work here with light testing.

v1.59.0-beta.6084.8920feefc.fix-cmount-windows-nocgo on branch fix-cmount-windows-nocgo

This still requires WInFSP and in all ways should behave exactly the same as the current rclone mount.

If anyone has a Windows/arm64 device they could test rclone mount on that would be appreciated.

2 Likes

so far, the beta is working fine on windows 11 and windows server 2019, both on amd64.

1 Like

Good news, thank you :slight_smile:

Windows 11 on arm64 - rclone mount returns no errors - but no drive is mounted in the FS.

@MrCon thanks for testing.

Can you send a log with rclone mount -vv --debug-fuse of it starting up and I'll take a look and see if I can work out what is going wrong - thank you!

Been running rclone-v1.59.0-beta.6084.8920feefc.fix-cmount-windows-nocgo-windows-amd64 for about 24 hours now. Will update to rclone-v1.59.0-beta.6089.cdb40336b.fix-cmount-windows-nocgo-windows-amd64 tonight.

No issues to report on Windows Server 2016 Standard :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing @VBB if your testing of 6089 goes well, I'll merge where we've got to into the beta. Then we can fixup windows/arm64 separately which may be problems with WinFSP which is new on windows/arm64.

Nick, I've been using rclone-v1.59.0-beta.6089.cdb40336b.fix-cmount-windows-nocgo-windows-amd64 for a couple of days now without any issues.

Thanks for testing.

I've merged this to master now which means it will be in the latest beta in 15-30 minutes and released in v1.59

v1.59.0-beta.6111.deab86867 on branch master (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

We still need to work on windows/arm64 but I need help from someone with a device.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.