New(er)/Better processes to mount gdrive mounts/WebUI access?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

A while ago, I was following animosity022's configuration setup to mount rclone. However, now that I have 7 or so rclone mounts, I am hoping to find a better way to organize this.

I was looking at UnionFS/Mergers, but am not sure that is the best avenue, as I don't think it will fix a key component (though it will fix having several services running to mount all of these mergers).

Basically, my biggest issue, is that when I ls -al a top level folder mount, my system locks up. Memory wise and CPU wise, I am find during this time, but the ssh shell becomes non-responsive.

As a secondary follow up, the other avenue I am looking for is a better management of the mounts, is that Union's purpose?

Third, and completely separate from mount discussions, I have been trying my damndest to get the WebUI running, and I can't seem to at all - as I would love to get a one stop shop to load to see the current progress of my uploads rather than having to attach to several screen sessions. I did see that the WebUI is still in beta, but, is there an ETA or documentation that exists outside of the one on the rclone site - as reading that, that is where I am having issues.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone --version
rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

GDrive, Shared Drives/Team Drives

So it seems like the issue still exists with the newer process. My host shell freezes as soon as I try to tab complete.

Is there some tweaks that should be made for thousands (~200K) of smaller files <300 MB?

that is a small amount of data, 300MB.

what is your use case?
how often do you need to sync the files?
what kind of files?

what i do is compress them with 7zip and then upload just one file.

I don't need to sync the files, just need them to be available via the mount.

Compression is not an option, I am not looking for a cold storage solution, so much more as a streamable option. But that streamable option ends up killing my session sometimes. I made some adjustments, and so far it is better. Have run into a different issue, but, will create a new thread for that.

Do you have all 200K files in one directory? How many files do you have in the directory? That is probably the limiting point.

I don't have all 200K files in a single directory. It is mounted in this fashion:

/mnt/rclone/gmusic/
Artist1
Artist2
Artist3

So on and so forth.

I found updating my scripts to align with animosity022's (and starting on a new machine, because the old one was bloated anyways) has reduced the lock time when tab completing, It is quite fast now.

Great :slight_smile: OK I'll stop worrying about it then!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.