Need to exit when several number of error reached

STOP and READ USE THIS TEMPLATE NO EXCEPTIONS - By not using this, you waste your time, our time and really hate puppies. Please remove these two lines and that will confirm you have read them.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hi.. I want to transfer files to a GCS bucket, and I'm trying to use rclone sync. The first time I tried, I forgot to give IAM permissions to the bucket, so when I checked the logs, for every file I had, there was an error, and rclone kept running until it attempted to transfer all the data.

The problem is, if I have thousands of files and I'm running rclone in the background, I don't know that the process is encountering errors. So, I want to limit rclone, and if the number of error files reaches X, I want rclone to stop. Is there any flag I can use for this? something like flag --max-duration, but i want --max-number-error..

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

v.1.66

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

google cloud storage

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync -P -v --log-file=/var/log/rclone /source/path gcs:bucket/destination

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

Paste config here

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

You can always monitor logfile. Also check your rclone sync exit code. It should not be 0 in such case.

Nope AFAIK but lets see maybe others have some idea

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.