Need to copy directory with subs and all files

Hello, I'm new to rclone but I've looked around and could not find an answer to this question.
I am trying to copy information from my local drive to Box. The directory I want to copy is "testrclone", which has two subdirectories and each directory (including testrclone) has one text file. The full path for testrclone is C:\Users\username\Documents\testrclone.
I am in the Documents directory when executing the rclone commands I've tried.
My goal is to get the testrclone directory included in the copy I am performing, but what I end up getting is only its file and all of the subdirectories and their files.
I've tried:
rclone copy -Pv testrclone\ boxconfig:MyTargetFiles
rclone copy -Pv .testrclone\ boxconfig:MyTargetFiles
rclone copy -Pv ~.testrclone\ boxconfig:MyTargetFiles
rclone copy -Pv ~testrclone\ boxconfig:MyTargetFiles
rclone copy -Pv \testrclone\ boxconfig:MyTargetFiles
rclone copy -Pv .\testrclone\ boxconfig:MyTargetFiles
And, honestly, a couple other permutations that I cannot remember.
What I am trying to achieve is to, after the copy, have MyTargetFiles/testrclone on Box. What I am ending up with (at best) is MyTargetFiles/ and MyTargetFiles/

My rclone version is 1.53.1 (go1.15)
OS is Windows 10 64 bit
Target storage system is Box.
Any and all help is greatly apprectiated.
Thank you!

I have noticed that some of my notes were dropped from my original post.
RE: what I am ending up with:
MyTargetFiles/TextFile.txt and MyTargetFiles/SubDirectoryUnder testrclone with all text files

hello and welcome to the forum,

try
rclone copy -P -vv .\testrclone boxconfig:MyTargetFiles/testrclone

if that does not work, post the command and output from the command line as text, not screenshot.

Thank you! That worked exactly as I wanted.
So then, if I understand correctly, the missing part was including the target directory (/testrclone) on the destination. Correct?

that is correct

https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_copy/
Note that it is always the contents of the directory that is synced, not the directory so when source:path is a directory, it's the contents of source:path that are copied, not the directory name and contents.

That does clear things up nicely. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.