I'm trying to get rclone output to match what I want. I know I could play around with various combinations but that's very time consuming. I was hoping someone could help me -- or point me to some documented examples of different switches and their result that would help me get to what I want faster.
This is my rclone command:
rclone copy -v "$SOURCE" "$DESTINATION" --files-from "$TO_TRANSFER" --no-traverse
I'm getting output like this:
transferring files from source '/source' to destination 'gp:destination' <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9008.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9009.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9011.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9012.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9010.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9014.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9013.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9016.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9015.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9018.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : folder1/folder2/folder3/IMG_9019.jpg: Copied (new) <6>INFO : Transferred: 57.881 MiB / 28.554 GiB, 0%, 474.285 KiB/s, ETA 17h30m3s Transferred: 11 / 5519, 0% Elapsed time: 1m0.0s Transferring: * folder1…e, Zurich/IMG_9017.jpg:100% /3.000Mi, 107.388Ki/s, 0s * folder1…e, Zurich/IMG_9020.jpg:100% /2.671Mi, 123.835Ki/s, 0s * folder1…e, Zurich/IMG_9021.jpg:100% /3.156Mi, 155.911Ki/s, 0s * folder1…e, Zurich/IMG_9022.jpg:100% /3.258Mi, 183.294Ki/s, 0s
I know I can get rid of that status information with
--stats=0 but I'm trying to see how to get the other lines to match a specific tab separated output:
- action like copied, replaced, updated, etc...
- status like success or error
- how long it took to transfer this file
In case it matters, I'll explain why I am asking.
I've got a script I'm working on to copy 2 TB of photos from my computer to Google Photos. Due to Google GCP API limits, I can't do all the photos in one shot. It will transfer so many files and then start erroring. So I'll stop the script, wait a few days (week) and start over.
The issue is that when I start getting GCP errors, I'm not sure if a file fully transferred or not. So there may be an incomplete transfer. Google Photos has a few limitations:
- Google Photos does not support hash
- Google Photos does not return file size by default (for like
So, instead, I'm thinking of doing this:
- Dumping a list of all files that need to be transferred
- Using that file with
- When I interrupt the transfer, before I restart it, I compare the output of the
copycommand with my initial list of files and remove any files that rclone says successfully copied
- Then starting the
copycommand again with the updated