Move folder from a server to another

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I want to know how to move a entire folder from a server to another, now when I try this the main folder still on original server, empty, but it is there. If I use local move it works and the original folder are moved to new one:

rclone move src1 dst1

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.50.2

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.4

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

CentOS release 6.10 (Final) amd64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

sftp

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone -P --create-empty-src-dirs --delete-empty-src-dirs move /home/21963 FILESERVER:/home/21963

This is slightly inconsistent, I agree.

However there have been lots of discussions about removing the root or not in the past.

Maybe we should have a --remote-root flag or something like that?

You can always place an rmdir src

Hi @ncw, in version 1.50.2 doesn't have --remote-root or --remove-root.

Ok about rmdir src, but it is another command, I will try append on my script.

thanks

No it doesn't! I was just proposing creating one of those flags. What do you think?

I guess the rclone move localsrc localdst and rclone move src remote:dst should be the same behavior, and a flag --keep-src-root more appropriate.

Just my opinion

If I was starting from a blank sheet of paper then that would definitely be the right solution.

However if I make the default be removing the root, then people will complain it breaks their scripts, I'm 100% sure (we did this before and people did complain!).

OK, very thanks for you effort, rclone are awesome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.