Mounted S3 buckets file/folder access from Win Server 2012R2

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have my S3 buckets mounted to local system, however when I access them via Windows file explorer, I am encountering issues with folders/files.
If I try to create a folder, say "myfolder", when I try to save it says "File or folder not found" and wont save. If I create a folder without changing the name, it will create it, however trying to rename gives same error. Same for files.
I have an application that writes to the mounted directories, however if I then try to remove or access a file placed there by the application I get an i/o error.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows Server 2012 R2

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Amazon S3

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

ACcessing files/folders on mounted S3 bucket

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Cannot share logs.

1.47 is pretty old so please upgrade.

Without a log, it's almost impossible to figure out what's going on. If you want to share it via PM to ncw or me or someone, that would help figure out what the issue is.

you should update rclone to v1.51.0

what version of winfsp are you using?
the lastest is v1.6

what is your mount command?

on windows, you should run rclone mount as system user.

So we are restricted to versions that are approved and unfortunately the approval process takes time.

1.47 RClone
1.4.19016 WinFSP

The problem with logs is the environment they are in, there is no easy way to get it to be able to send. Will try when I can log back in there.

1.47 is ancient so there's not much to do with trouble shooting that.

Your best bet is to upgrade as those versions are years old and there have been many bug fixes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.