Mount vfs cache to get details

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have a setup like "rclone webdav" (running in docker) and a backup software (Hyperbackup running on Synology NAS) which writes to it. A local vfs cache directory (mounted into docker) on disk exists. While this cache directory is filled up by the backup software, the files in there are waiting for upload.

I want to mount this vfs cache directory to read data from it programatically like shown here: Query rclone mount VFS stats via rclone remote control API · Issue #5816 · rclone/rclone · GitHub

(If mount is not possible / advised, how else can I access the stats? Parse the output of docker logs on that container?)
(2024/03/20 20:45:20 INFO : vfs cache: cleaned: objects 3143 (was 3152) in use 3143, to upload 3138, uploading 4, total size 76.898Gi (was 77.094Gi) etc.

(excerpt)

./rclone --rc mount --vfs-cache-mode writes --log-level INFO --cache-dir /daten/_jdr/rclone_vfs_cache --vfs-write-back 60s --vfs-cache-max-age 2m --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --stats 1m --stats-log-level NOTICE --stats-one-line test:Backup/ /cloud/test/

and then

rclone rc vfs/stats fs=test:Backup

=> 

"diskCache": {
                "bytesUsed": 0,
                "erroredFiles": 0,
                "files": 0,
                "hashType": 0,
                "outOfSpace": false,
                "uploadsInProgress": 0,
                "uploadsQueued": 0
        },

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

~/rclone --version
rclone v1.65.2
- os/version: unknown
- os/kernel: 4.4.302+ (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.21.6
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

(local)

and

rclone v1.66.0
- os/version: alpine 3.19.1 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 4.4.302+ (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.22.1
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

inside docker.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

pCloud, but its webdav mounted from the docker container.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

? (none yet)

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

Should not matter

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

? (none yet)

Are you uploading anything using this mount? As if not than obviously stats show zero activity.

What is test remote?

What it has to do with your webdav you are talking about?

That command was copied from the github issue.

"test" in my case would be a local folder which "rclone webdav" uses as vfs cache folder. (So think local:/path/to/local/vfs/cache/)

Ideally files sit there in that folder waiting to be uploaded, but perhaps there are none available (when no backup is running / all files are done uploading).

That "mount" command should not be used to upload anything, as rclone webdav already does that. (Running in docker container)

So basically I was thinking I could "mount" (mount is the wrong command since its already a local folder to me?) this folder (vfs cache folder) to ask rclone for some information.

I know since its a local folder I can simply ask "how many files are in there, how big is this folder", but I thought I could ask rclone that instead.

That docker container is starting with command "serve webdav remote:" - maybe I should use something else here? (Mount?)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.