Mount not acting like its mounted?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am able to create a remote mount (named gdrive), see the remote mount directories and files using rclone lsd gdrive:
However once mounted I can not see or access the remote in the Synology UI.
rclone is behaving like it's not responding to the mount command, however the log is filling up with activity.
but using the fusermount -uz returns "failed to unmount" which tells me it's not mounted .?.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone version
rclone v1.55.0

• os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.16.2
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Synology DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 via Xpenology

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount gdrive: /volume1/data/media/gdrive --allow-other --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 15s --umask 002 --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 500G --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 1G --vfs-cache-max-age 336h --log-level INFO --log-file /volume1/docker/rclone/rclone.log --cache-dir=/volume1/docker/rclone/cache --daemon --allow-non-empty

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = <my ID>
client_secret = <my secret>
scope = drive
token = <my token>

A log from the command with the -vv flag

https://pastebin.pl/view/7d7facd7

I think your mount has a backlog of things to upload.

Maybe that is interfering with normal startup. I have a vague memory of this being the case.

I would have thought the mount should become operational when rclone finishes scanning the cache though.

Nick this very well my have been the case. It eventually came online (accessible within the DSM UI) and there were 100's of GB of files to upload.

Whatever was happening it's behaving normally now.

We've had a report of slow mount startups when there are a lot of cached files to look through, so I suspect that is what was happening here :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.