Mount directory empty, despite lsd working

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am currently moving servers and wanted to reconnect to a remote.

The old server works fine, but when mounting my google drive remote on the new server I can't see any files in the folder. Yet when I run rclone lsd I can see folders.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.56.2

• os/version: darwin 10.14.5 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 18.6.0 (x86_64)
  • os/type: darwin
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.16.8
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount -vv --debug-fuse --allow-other media--crypt: /Users/rb/server/mnt-media

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = redacted
client_secret = redacted
scope = drive
token = redacted
team_drive =

[media--crypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:media-enc
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = redacted
password2 = redacted

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2021/10/03 19:01:33 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.56.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "-vv" "--debug-fuse" "--allow-other" "media--crypt:" "/Users/rb/server/mnt-media"]
2021/10/03 19:01:33 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "media--crypt:"
2021/10/03 19:01:33 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users/rb/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/10/03 19:01:33 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "gdrive:media-enc"
2021/10/03 19:01:34 DEBUG : Google drive root 'media-enc': 'root_folder_id = redacted' - save this in the config to speed up startup
2021/10/03 19:01:34 DEBUG : Mounting on "/Users/rb/server/mnt-media" ("media--crypt")
2021/10/03 19:01:34 DEBUG : Adding "-o modules=iconv,from_code=UTF-8,to_code=UTF-8-MAC" for macOS
2021/10/03 19:01:34 DEBUG : Encrypted drive 'media--crypt:': Mounting with options: ["-o" "attr_timeout=1" "-o" "debug" "-o" "fsname=media--crypt:" "-o" "subtype=rclone" "-o" "max_readahead=131072" "-o" "atomic_o_trunc" "-o" "allow_other" "-o" "volname=media--crypt" "-o" "noappledouble" "-o" "modules=iconv,from_code=UTF-8,to_code=UTF-8-MAC"]
2021/10/03 19:02:34 DEBUG : Google drive root 'media-enc': Checking for changes on remote
2021/10/03 19:03:34 DEBUG : Google drive root 'media-enc': Checking for changes on remote
2021/10/03 19:04:34 DEBUG : Google drive root 'media-enc': Checking for changes on remote
2021/10/03 19:05:34 DEBUG : Google drive root 'media-enc': Checking for changes on remote
2021/10/03 19:06:34 DEBUG : Google drive root 'media-enc': Checking for changes on remote
2021/10/03 19:07:34 DEBUG : Google drive root 'media-enc': Checking for changes on remote

Second attempt

I also tried running the mount using prompts from Animosity's homescript.

rclone mount media--crypt: ./mnt-media \
	--allow-other \
	--dir-cache-time 5000h \
	--log-file ./rclone.log \
	--log-level INFO \
	--poll-interval 10s \
	--umask 002 \
	--rc \
	--rc-addr :5572 \
	--rc-no-auth \
	--cache-dir=./cache \
	--drive-pacer-min-sleep 10ms \
	--drive-pacer-burst 200 \
	--vfs-cache-mode full \
	--vfs-cache-max-size 100G \
	--vfs-cache-max-age 5000h \
	--vfs-cache-poll-interval 5m \
	--vfs-read-ahead 2G \
	--bwlimit-file 32M

The logs were different, but the mount was still empty:

2021/10/03 18:52:38 NOTICE: Serving remote control on http://[::]:5572/
2021/10/03 18:52:39 INFO  : vfs cache: cleaned: objects 0 (was 0) in use 0, to upload 0, uploading 0, total size 0 (was 0)
2021/10/03 18:57:39 INFO  : vfs cache: cleaned: objects 0 (was 0) in use 0, to upload 0, uploading 0, total size 0 (was 0)

Any help is very much appreciated.

hi,
can you post the full output of rclone version

rclone v1.56.2

• os/version: darwin 10.14.5 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 18.6.0 (x86_64)
  • os/type: darwin
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.16.8
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: cmount

Have also updated the OP

What's the output os rclone lsd media--crypt: show?

When you try to ls on that mounted location, what happens? There isn't even a ls attempt in your debug log.

the result of rclone lsd media--crypt:

-1 2018-07-01 20:42:56        -1 movies
      -1 2018-07-01 20:36:45        -1 photos
      -1 2018-07-01 20:36:37        -1 tvshows

I don't see anything in the logs (either with -vv or by specifying log file and log leve) when I do ls /Users/rb/server/mnt-media.

I tried ls -lah and got:

macbook:mnt-media rb$ ls -lah
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 rb  staff    64B  3 Oct 17:52 .
drwxr-xr-x  6 rb  staff   192B  5 Oct 00:04 ..

Can you please post the full debug log? It doesn't seem like you have a running mount.

So above I did post the full logs, and after reading this reply I realised the fault may actually lie with osxfuse.

It seems like macOS was actually blocking the mount silently. I had to go into system preferences and allow the program to run. At that point the logs immediately showed a failure, restarted and it worked as expected.

Thank you all for the help, hopefully my mistake here helps somebody in the future!

You did not have the logs before as it was a snippet, which is why I asked for the full logs.

When you edit a post, no one can tell easily what has changed.

Hey,

I haven't edited the OP to change the logs just once at the beginning to include rclone version. And I promise you, I didn't post a snippet. That was everything in my logs.

Here are some screenshots:

Thankfully it's working now, thanks for the help.

You can see the second log is a snippet and not a full log. I was asking for a full second log. When you post logs, snippets don't help.

If you edit a post, I can't tell what's changed because I read quite the number of posts per day.

Ah, sorry I'm not sure I quite understand, but I do appreciate you helping clarify with me.

The screenshots above were meant to show I didn't edit any posts apart from to add rclone version, which happened before your initial reply.

It's possible I'm misunderstanding the word "snippet". I am taking it to mean that I selected which lines to send, but the above was a full dump of cat rclone.log. Nothing was excluded. If it helps, this is a screenshot of vim. You'll see the same log again since I retried several times since the OP.

That's a snippet of a log meaning it's not a full debug log.

A full debug log has rclone version information and the command being run.

Ah ok. I think it may be because log level was set to INFO it may have excluded that information?

Needs to be a debug log as if you ran something with INFO, that would not be a debug log.

There wasn't a command either so not sure what you ran as that's why the debug log is key.

Apologies, the two commands I ran were in the OP. The second one was actually based on your homescript, so you may recognise it haha.

Good to know about debug log, will keep in mind for future.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.