Mount crypt: r: giving no response

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When I try to mount a crypt, the normal command gives no output. If I try the -vv version with debug info, it goes through all of the files one by one and does something, I don't know what. Maybe if I waited a year or so with my machine on, I could live to see the drive mounted. But the list keeps going on and on and on...

If you think this command may actually complete one day, please tell me what can I do to speed the mounting process in the future.
I'd like to have this drive mounted every startup.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.60.1
- os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 21H2 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 10.0.22000.1219 (x86_64)
- os/type: windows
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.19.3
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount cloud.crypt R: --network-mode --vfs-cache-mode writes -vv

[...]
2022/12/11 18:18:53 INFO  : dir/.../.md: Copied (replaced existing)
2022/12/11 18:18:53 INFO  : dir/.../.md: vfs cache: upload succeeded try #1
2022/12/11 18:18:53 DEBUG : dir/.../.md: vfs cache: checking remote fingerprint "143,2021-05-19 13:51:32 +0000 UTC" against cached fingerprint "143,2021-05-19 13:51:32 +0000 UTC"
[...]

this list goes on and on.

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

- type: crypt
- remote: cloud:dat
- password: *** ENCRYPTED ***
- password2: *** ENCRYPTED ***

so this is to be expected, that rclone is moving files from the local cache to cloud.crypt

when using --vfs-cache-mode writes, there is a two step process.

1. copy files into R:, this will be very quick, as rclone caches the files into its local vfs file cache.
  2. in the backgound, rclone moves the files from the local cache to cloud.crypt
    and this takes time.

so now, you kill the mount, yet there are still files in the local cache, that needs to be moved.

in that case, the next time you restart rclone mount, rclone checks the local cache.
if there are files in the cache that need to be moved, then rclone will move them.

this wil only happen in the above case, when there are files in the rclone local cache that need to be moved.

really, depends on the reason for using the mount, plex/emby or what?

as per the rclone docs, gdrive can be very slow with lots of small files.

so at this point, i think you just need to wait.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.