Mount command and plex

Hi, i have question

i have rclone mounted via systemd using those settings.

/usr/bin/rclone mount gdrive: /media \
--allow-other \
--fast-list \
--umask 002 \
--syslog \
--log-level INFO \
--use-mmap \
--buffer-size 128M \
--vfs-cache-mode minimal \
--vfs-cache-max-age 8760h \
--vfs-cache-poll-interval 20m \
--vfs-cache-max-size 250G \
--dir-cache-time 8760h \
--poll-interval 15s \
--attr-timeout 8760h \
--timeout 1h \
--read-only

This mount as showing is used as backend for plex, and it's on read only mode, it will never be written to by the server. however content get added to it via another server.

Now, before i used some scripts to trigger localized scan on detected files changes by monitoring rclone cache messages, but now for some reason the messages sometimes shows up, and other times it doesn't.

so my question is. i have plex do library scan every 15mins, by using the settings above, will my gapp token be banned? i have around 50 TB and forecasting that to be around 70-100TB by next year. keep in mind i have only 1 single stream running at any given time.

when plex do scan, does that trigger any api calls with those settings above?

Thanks.

Does nothing on a mount and can be removed.

You have these but have

If you have read-only, minimal would do nothing as it's for writes.

What message are you talking about? Can you share it?

You never get banned for API calls from Google. You may hit quota limits based on download and upload. You can download 10TB per day and upload 750GB per day. If you hit that quota, you have to wait for a period in the 24 hours for it to reset.

Anytime Plex goes to hit a directory or a file, that can cause an API calls. You have a billion api calls per day so api calls really do not matter.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I'll remove those options. rclone used to send log messages such as
/: (.+): received cache expiry notification

where i can track files changes and trigger localized scan based on those messages.

Anytime Plex goes to hit a directory or a file, that can cause an API calls. You have a billion api calls per day so api calls really do not matter.

what i mean when plex do regular scan, i assume it just do normal fs calls like list directory and get metadata from files, i assume rclone actually does cache those information and not go directly to google to get those, i mean by using --poll-interval i think all regular operations are done via cache and not google. except for when you actually start reading the file content. is that correct?

Changes coming in from other uploads? Those are picked up via the polling interval setup.

Is what keeps the directory and files in memory. If polling invalidates an area, it would request a new listing for that directory, which is an API call or two depending.

Yeah uploads are coming to gdrive from another server.

Good to know, that what i wanted to understand. So if plex keep scanning every min, it wouldn't be hitting the google api since changes are only pulled via polling am i correct?

Polling is done via an API call. You have a billion API quota per day. I wouldn't worry about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.