Missing folders/files from mounted Google Drive?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I’m currently have my Google Drive (GSuite) mounted via rclone, and then I’m using mergerfs to merge it with a local folder on my seedbox (Whatbox). I based my setup on the settings/config that @Animosity022 posted in this forum. My mounted folders are added to the Plex server that is hosted on my box. I’ve noticed a few times over the past couple months that a movie that I know is on my drive isn’t showing up in Plex (and/or it’s showing as missing in Radarr). Upon examination of my mergerfs directory, the folder for that specific movie is missing when I run the ls command. If I unmount my drives and run my rclone mount and mergerfs commands again, the missing folder seems to return. The problem is, I have too many movies to know for sure if every folder is present just from looking at the list. The only time I notice something isn’t there is when I go to try and watch a specific movie. Is there any way to try and figure out why some folders would occasionally be missing from my mounted drive? By the time I notice something is missing, it’s hard to find anything in the logs since I have no idea how long the folder hasn’t been showing up.

One thing I’ve noticed (and I have no idea if it’s relevant) is it only seems to be happening to movie folders (not TV shows). My movies and shows are in two separate folders (actually four since 4K content is separate for both as well) in the top level of my gdrive.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.53.3-DEV

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

linux/amd64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Below are the commands I use to mount my grdrive as well as the mergers command I'm using. I added --disable ListR because I saw it mentioned in a thread discussing something that seemed to be a similar issue as mine. As far as I can tell, it hasn't made any difference (since I've still seen the issue a few times after adding that command).

#gdrive
screen -dmS gdrive rclone mount \ 
-vv \ 
--buffer-size 256M \ 
--dir-cache-time 1000h \ 
--poll-interval 15s \ 
--timeout 1h \ 
--disable ListR \ 
gdrive: /home/seannymurrs/gdrive \ 

#mergerfs 
mergerfs -o rw,use_ino,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,cache.files=auto-full,dropcacheonclose=true /home/seannymurrs/files:/home/seannymurrs/gdrive /home/seannymurrs/gmedia

Also, here is the cloud upload script I'm using to move my files from my seedbox to my Google Drive (in case it's somehow relevant).

#!/bin/bash

#exit if running 
if [[ $(pidof -x "$(basename "$0")" -o %PPID) ]]; 
then 
     echo 'Script is running, aborting.' 
     exit 
fi 

# Move older local files to the cloud 
rclone move /home/seannymurrs/files gdrive: -P --log-file /home/seannymurrs/scripts/logs/upload.log --log-level INFO --exclude-from /home/seannymurrs/scripts/excludes --delete-empty-src-dirs --fast-list --drive-stop-on-upload-limit

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

As I mentioned above, I never notice the issue quickly enough where I can find anything in the logs. I don't write my logs to a file (I attach to the screen if I need to look at something). If anyone has any suggestion on how to try and replicate the issue on command and find the relevant part of the logs, I can go do that and report back.

Paste  log here

You are running an old version an a DEV one at that.

There have been multiple fixes on VFS items so you'd want to upgrade to the latest stable.

Rclone is maintained/updated via my seedbox provider, so I will contact them to see about upgrading.

So it looks like I can download and use my own version of rclone (rather than use the one managed by my provider). Would I need re-setup my remote using this separate version, or could I just use the new version when running the rclone mount command?

You'd just need to point your scripts to the proper path you place the new install. The same rclone.conf would work without issues.

Thanks. I re-ran my mount command using the latest stable version of rclone. Hopefully that fixes everything. If I notice any missing folders moving forward, I'll report back. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.