--min-age , --max-age not working with directories

#### What is your rclone version (output from rclone version )
rclone v1.50.2

• os/arch: linux/arm
  • go version: go1.13.4

#### Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)
It's a router Asus AC56U with 4GB Swap and attached 8gb usb3.0 usb

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive
#### The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp )
-v copy --max-age 10d --ignore-existing --retries 3 --stats 15s --transfers 2 --buffer-size 0 --config /jffs/emu/rclone.conf "drive:actualizaciones" "drive2:actualizaciones"

#### What is the problem you are having with rclone?
In last days I'm trying to use this commands to copy new files from cloud to cloud.

When the directory is containing files only, command works fine copying files newer than X days.

But, when the directory is containing more directories, rclone doesn't copy anything.

Structure is like: /Folder/folder/file.jpg ,so --max-age is not working reading date of directories.

Is this normal? There is some possibility to copy all included folders with max-age and make rclone reading date of directories too and copying recursive?

Thanks

What version of rclone are you running?
Can you share the command you are running?
Can you share the debug log from the command?

hello and welcome to the forum,
when you posted your question, did you see that we need some basic info to help you.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

edited main post, sorry

--min-age and --max-age only work on files not directories. So if the files have the correct age they will be copied regardless of where they are in the file hierarchy.

What are you trying to achieve - maybe there is a different way of doing it?

It is a friend's media folder with more than 500 directories, so the possibility of copy one by one is discarded, and I don't want to copy hole directory neither, only copy each some days, new files.

If I use that command on a directory with only files, It copies files, but not if they are directories, not copying neither the files inside that directories

There is some method to use max-age recursive (now for me is not working), or make rclone see the date of directories too and copy all?

rclone copy should copy the files recursively with --max-age, but it only looks at the file's modification date.

$ tree src
src
└── subdir
    └── file.txt

1 directory, 1 file
$ tree dst
dst

0 directories, 0 files
$ rclone copy --min-age 1s src dst
$ tree dst
dst
└── subdir
    └── file.txt

1 directory, 1 file

I'll try another release then, because 1.50.2 is not copying files with the above command. These files are new files, inside new created directories, so it should work

Now I've seen the fault. Airexplorer is "telling me" that friend's files had created on 01/01/0001 at 01:00h, lol, effect 2000 is here.

Solved with --min-age 30y

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.