Migrating from dropbox to googledrive. Will this resume transfer?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I want to know if the following command:

rclone copy Dropbox:/ TeamGDrive:/ -P

Will I be able to resume from the last successful file uploaded to Gdrive once it hits the 750GB daily limit with the above command. I need to drive 3.5TB of data from my business dropbox to my teamGdrive.

I already tested integration of both remote storage services and I can access directories on both cloud storage providers.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.59.1

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19044.1889 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.18.5
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

DropBox and GoogleDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy Dropbox:/ TeamGDrive:/ -P

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Dropbox]
type = dropbox
token = REDACTED

[TeamGDrive]
type = drive
client_id = REDACTED
client_secret = REDACTED
scope = drive
token = REDACTED
team_drive = REDACTED
root_folder_id = 

A log from the command with the -vv flag

I need to transfer 3.5TB of data, this log file may be too large and doesn't seem relevant to my question as I'm asking it before starting the migration process
Edit: So I started the migration process. So far so good. Dropbox is uploading into Google Drive.

One issue I noticed is that restricted directories can not be transferred, error log shows them like this:

2022/08/22 12:02:21 ERROR : REDACTEDDIRECTORYNAME: error listing: directory not found

REDACTEDDIRECTORYNAME shows the actual directory name of the restricted directory, but it can not be copied. Any idea what setting I can use to copy restricted directories? I have about 6 of them

My post above near the end got a bit garbled due to formatting issues, so I am replying with the last bit cleaned up since I can't edit OP:

So I started the migration process. So far so good. Dropbox is uploading into Google Drive.

One issue I noticed is that restricted directories can not be transferred, error log shows them like this:

2022/08/22 12:02:21 ERROR : REDACTEDDIRECTORYNAME: error listing: directory not found

REDACTEDDIRECTORYNAME shows the actual directory name of the restricted directory, but it can not be copied. Any idea what setting I can use to copy restricted directories? I have about 6 of them

Need to see the specifics and probably collect more details. Have to decide to email message it or decide how you'd want to proceed and redacted won't help out too much unfortunately.

Try to rclone ls it

Try to rclone ls it with --dump requests,headers,response with -vv and share the output somewhere.

Out of curiosity, as one who uses both Dropbox and GDrive, why are you migrating away from Dropbox? One of the advantages of Dropbox is no daily upload limits.

More space and costs less. Not my decision, I am just executing on it

Thanks for the help but I figured it out already.

Would you mind sharing the what the issue was and what you did to fix it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.