Mega account doesnt work?

Hi, I would like if the Mega accounts work with the rclone, I have tried the ones that I have and I can not access them, this is the error that I get when I connect and get size:

2018/07/30 15:06:20 Failed to create file system for “Mega:”: couldn’t login: Block decryption failed

Thanks!!!

Strange…

That quite likely means a bug in the underlying library…

If you change the password on the web interface can you get it to work like that?

If you can PM me the credentials I can investigate further.

Hi, i have the same error: " Failed to create file system for “Mega:”: couldn’t login: Block decryption failed" but on history sessions on mega say “active”

I think we have solved this problem - can you try again with the latest beta please?

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I tried with beta version on windows and debian, and the same problem.
But good news is, rclone work with another account of mega. I have a new account and work perfectly. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Hello @ncw, I have the same problem, can I send you my credentials so that you can test, please?

How can I PM you? I can’t find the button…

I’m using the last beta as of today, and I’m receiving the same error: Block decryption failed.

Create a new mega account and try, with new accounts works

Yes you are right, but I have a paid account of 8TB that I have just paid for one more year. Why would it not work?

We haven’t managed to work that out yet :frowning: I suspect it is an incompatibility in the underlying library but I don’t know exactly what yet.

Last problem we had like this was capital letters in the email address, so it could be something like that. Or it could be strange characters in the password. Or it might be because that account was set up differently somehow…

Can you try messing around with new passwords to see if you can fix it like that?

Also can you try the official CLI app: https://github.com/meganz/MEGAcmd and see if that works?

Someone reported on github that mega login doesn’t work if you have shared folders?

Can you see if that is your problem?

Can you try messing around with new passwords to see if you can fix it like that?

I have put the same password on my test account, and it worked, so it shouldn’t be the password.

Also can you try the official CLI app: https://github.com/meganz/MEGAcmd and see if that works?

It works with my main account.

Someone reported on github that mega login doesn’t work if you have shared folders 3?

Can you see if that is your problem?

I can’t test using my main account because there are too many shared folders. But with a test account, I can still access it using rclone after sharing a folder and after creating a public folder link.

The only thing I have not tried is changing the login of my main account.

Thanks for testing the above.

I wonder the poster means having a folder shared to your account? Can you try that with your test account?

You are right. If I share a folder from my main account to my test account, then I get the error “Block decryption failed”. When I un-share the folder, it works.

Now the thing is: my main account has no folders shared to it - at least the tab ‘Shared with me’ is empty. So maybe there is another problem with Mega.

YOU can try the official CLI app: https://github.com/meganz/MEGAcmd

Yes, I have already tested MEGAcmd, as reported above, and it works. Even with webdav.

That is really useful to know - thanks.

Hopefully that means I can replicate the problem.

It might be that whatever fixed the shared folders thing, fixed your problem too.

I tried this and it didn’t reproduce the problem… Can you tell me the name of the folder or file you shared and which mode you shared it in?