Many team drives causes rclone to fail

In my google suite there are many sub-domains which are deciding they need to be in their own gsuite for flexibility reasons. I’m trying to facilitate this breakup by using reclone to migrate old team drive to new team drive.

Here is my issue: I have over 190 team drives in my old domain, and rclone can not obtain the entire list. I get this error:

Failed to configure team drive: list team drives failed: googleapi: Error 500: Internal Error, internalError

Using tools like GAM I can obtain the team drive id number so could rclone just ask for that instead of trying to obtain a horribly long list? Unsure how best to proceed but this is a showstopper for me except the show already started.

Rance

I seen this problem reported before.

I made a workaround here - can you give it a go?

https://beta.rclone.org/branch/v1.43-150-g2e18e69c-fix-teamdrive-list-beta/ (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

That will continue after the listing failure and allow you to put the team drive number in.

Note also that you can find the config file rclone config file and edit it by hand, or use the --rclone-team-drive flag to pass in the team drive ID to an authed remote.

That one didn’t build, can you try this one please:

https://beta.rclone.org/branch/v1.43-152-g8db76292-fix-teamdrive-list-beta/ (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

Thanks!

Could you be so kind as to point me to the relevant documentation or a working example for this option. I can’t seem to find it, and I get unknown flag errors every time I try to add --rclone-team-drive

Since I have several drive to work with, I’m hoping this option is more flexible than defining many remotes.

You’ll need to use the beta I posted above as it was a hidden option which I’ve made visible:

https://beta.rclone.org/branch/v1.43-152-g8db76292-fix-teamdrive-list-beta/ 1 (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

I’d appreciate it if you’d give it a go and try configuring a team drive too - thanks :smiley:

I downloaded this beta code and ran it. I still got the error about being unable to list team drives, but immediately got a prompt to enter a drive ID and was able to connect to the team drive and download data using copy.

What I’m really curious about is not having to specify a remote for each team drive. I wonder if you can’t handle it the same way you do with --drive-impersonate.

I have a remote with a service key setup to my domain called REMOTE so why couldn’t I do something like this:

rclone -v --drive-impersonate --team-drive copy REMOTE: /local/file/path

I tried this form with the --rclone-team-drive option but it created an error as the option is unknown.

Right now, I’m not sure what you are supposed to do with the --rclone-team-drive option unless its only defined in a rclone config sub command (which I didn’t try)

Right now I’d say I have a working tool, but its sub-optimal for my use case. See my OP for a reminder of that case and its issues.

Great, thanks - that is what I was hoping for :slight_smile:

Sorry the option is called this

--drive-team-drive string   ID of the Team Drive

And I’d say if you use that option then your command above should work.