Make plex make as low queries as possible with remote

How can I optimize plex to make as low queries as possible with my remote?

To avoid bans.

For this I disabled all scheduled tasks, disabled update my library periodically & automatically.

Only checked Run a partial scan when changes are detected. ( does that works for subfolders ? let’s say /x/xxx/xxxx, if you only change xxx will plex scan the entire /x/ or just x/xxx/ ? )

To never generate video preview thumbnails and Generate chapter thumbnails never.

Should I also use Run scanner tasks at a lower priority ? Maybe it’ll generate less queries per second.

Is that all I can do? Any options I can do at rclone side?

I disable all the scanning options in Plex and use a post processing script in Sonarr/Radarr to manually scan new media in. Something like this would work. Although, just this command would scan the entire series. You could write some more logic to target the specific directory though.

The following assumes you updated your sudoers file to allow the user to execute commands as the user plex.

sudo -u plex -E -H LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Scanner -s -r -c 1 -d $sonarr_series_title

I don’t run Sonarr.

Is there a way to run this standalone ?

Also where I change things to reflect my setup ?

Plex wont detect new items in cloud mount, this will only work if you have unionfs (cloud/local).

You could try to mount with google-drive-ocamlfuse or wait for @ncw to implement proper fix in rclone.

You can run that from the command line. Just sudo -u plex and run LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Scanner -s -r -c # -d /path/you/want/to/scan – # is the section (tv, movies, etc) that you want to update

Documentation for the scanner is here:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201242707-Plex-Media-Scanner-via-Command-Line

I don’t know what you mean by your last question…

Do you know if I can use ocamlfuse with my already encrypted data?

How exactly I would do that ?

You mount the drive with ocaml then in~/.config/rclone/rclone.conf change the path:

[gdrivecrypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:/crypt -> change it to /mnt/your-ocaml-mount
filename_encryption = standard
password = ***
password2 = ****

I’ll try later thanks. It’s 7 AM, and I already got shit luck because my VPS provider doesn’t even support FUSE so I’ll need to run this from my home PC using a virtual machine

Change VPS provider :slight_smile:

1 Like

I paid anonymously I guess I’ll have to eat the loss :frowning: unless any genius here can find a workaround to mount FUSE avoiding this error :

2017/04/13 03:42:06 mount helper error: fusermount: fuse device not found, try ‘modprobe fuse’ first
2017/04/13 03:42:06 Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exit status 1

modprobe fuse output :

modprobe: ERROR: …/libkmod/libkmod.c:507 kmod_lookup_alias_from_builtin_file() could not open builtin file ‘/lib/modules/2.6.32-042stab120.6/modules.builtin.bin’
modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found.

It seems to be based on them using OpenVZ and a ancient kernel 2.6.32-042stab123.1 :confused:

I had this same issue with ssdnodes. Just email support and ask them to enable fuse, it’s no trouble and they will have it up and running pretty quickly.

How doI get this working? I am confused. Do I then mount rclone on top of that? How does it decrypt it?

I did what you said.

I’ll be safe from bans now ?