Lost Config File on another computer

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have copied my config to various computers that I had access to. However, I have now lost access to one of those, and am afraid that someone else might try to get into my rclone config and access my data. What can I do to fix this? Is there a way to remove access from that remote config file or change the file that I have access to by changing the password or resetting the token to get a new one so that the one I don't have access to becomes invalid? Looking for ideas please? I know this was a silly mistake. :frowning: Thanks for any help!

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.0-beta.4848.e00bf3d72

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64-Bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

You'd have to remove any client ID/secrets you created and create a new oAuth for it to login with.

If I was super paranoid, I'd change my encryption key as well.

You should be able to use rclone config disconnect gdrive: however I don't think I implemented that for Google Drive.

What you need to do is go to the drive settings and disconnect rclone

I think (but you might have to experiment here) is that if you then do rclone config reconnect gdrive: then it will only allow the rclone's you've reconnected to work.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to make a new client_id as per the google drive docs.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the recommendations. I’ll let you guys know if your curious about what comes out.

I did your way, and that seemed to have worked when I tested it on two different machines. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.