Logging cache expiry notification for new files in new folders not happening

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to thank the devs for their work with rclone! Truly amazing software!
Let me describe the issue I am observing by introducing my use case:
I have two servers, one running plex with a cache crypt mount to google drive, and a second one where the media gets pushed into the cloud by straightforward rclone move (no mount nor cache).

In order to trigger scans of new media on plex, I am trying to setup plex_rcs (thanks to @Stokkes) which relies on detecting cache expiry notifications on rclone cache mount logs.

The issue that I am seeing is that such cache expiry notifications are not logged for new files in new folders. In the case of TV shows would not be a very big deal (it would miss the first episode of every season), but in my case I always upload movies to a new folder with their name, which would never work.

An example of this behaviour:
If I list the files in a particular path on the cache mount:

geropan@server:~$ ls -R "gdrive/tvshows/A show"
'gdrive/tvshows/A show':
S03

'gdrive/tvshows/A show/S03':
test2.mkv

Now, from the other server I upload to the cloud the following files using rclone move: tvshows/A show/S03/test2.mkv (which already existed), tvshows/A show/S03/test3.mkv (new file to existing folder) and tvshows/A show/S04/test1.mkv (new file to a new folder).

After doing so, I can see the following entries in the syslog of the server using cache mount:

May 27 20:38:58 server rclone[9917]: tvshows/A show/S03/test2.mkv: received cache expiry notification
May 27 20:38:58 server rclone[9917]: tvshows/A show/S04: received cache expiry notification
May 27 20:38:58 server rclone[9917]: tvshows/A show/S03/test3.mkv: received cache expiry notification

As it can be seen, a cache expiry notification is created for all cases except for the new file to a new folder. Instead, a notification for the folder is logged.

The mount can nevertheless see the file:

geropan@server:~$ ls -R "gdrive/tvshows/A show"
'gdrive/tvshows/A show':
S03  S04

'gdrive/tvshows/A show/S03':
test2.mkv  test3.mkv

'gdrive/tvshows/A show/S04':
test1.mkv

Is this the expected behaviour? Am I missing something?

In case it helps:

geropan@server:~$ rclone version
rclone v1.47.0
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.12.4

geropan@server:~$ cat /etc/systemd/system/rclone-mount.service 
# /etc/systemd/system/rclone-mount.service
[Unit]
Description=rclone mount of cache crypt googledrive
AssertPathIsDirectory=/home/geropan/gdrive
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=geropan
Group=geropan
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount \
	--config=/home/geropan/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
	--allow-other \
	--allow-non-empty \
	--tpslimit 8 \
	--fast-list \
	--log-level INFO \
	--syslog \
	geropanDrive_Crypt:/ /home/geropan/gdrive/
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -u /home/geropan/gdrive
Restart=always
RestartSec=10

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

Hopefully someone might be able to help me with this issue. Please let me know if further details are required to debug this. Thank you in advance!

I am not sure you are seeing a problem as it's just INFO level. You can set it to DEBUG and recreate it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.