Local Plex Server/Google drive/Seedbox

So my setup is a bit different than what i've been reading lately so i'm hoping i can get some guidance.

I have a local plex server. Currently hosted on my desktop (Hoping to move it to a Ubuntu Laptop) My desktop right now has an 8tb and a 4tb HDD with some 4k Movies and other content. This can easily fit on one of the drives and be transferred to an external enclosure.
I have a Gdrive with 5.5TB of content right now.
Currently i have Rclone setup as a service To do a simple mount on my gdrive.
It works but i sometimes have slow downs and stuttering on large 4k Movies.
I have a seedbox that is connected directly to Gdrive with sonaar and radaar set up their to automatically move content to gdrive every night.

Gdrive is mounted as a standard drive type with the following arguments
mount --log-file "C:\rclone\logs\rclone.log" --log-level INFO -allow-non-empty --allow-other --fuse-flag sync_read --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=16h --buffer-size=64M --attr-timeout=1s --vfs-read-chunk-size=16m --vfs-read-chunk=20G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --cache-dir "D:\DriveFscache" Gdrive: M: --config "C:\Users\username.config\rclone.conf"

I retyped all that just now so if there are any misspellings that was my screw up just now lol.

I want to know a few things

A) What's the best way to replicate this on the Ubuntu laptop (not sure if it's fast enough to do this 3rd generation Lenovo X1 Carbon)
B) If the laptop isn't the best option what is the best way to optimize what i currently have on my Windows 10 Desktop.
My home connection is 400Mb Down 40Mb up.

With my needs. What do you recommend as the best setup with what i have.

I would love to do some additional backups in the future as well like securing my personal backups in folder on gdrive as well. I'm not sure if encrypting the plex data is necessary or if that will just add some more complexity to slow things down. Just out of curiosity. Is it really necessary to encrypt plex data on gdrive? what benefit is there?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.