Linux/Plex preferences.xml failed to load

Here is the plex server version I was running: 1.25.7.5604-980a13e02

I know this isn't a plex help forum, but I have always had the best help here. So a point in any direction would be helpful and appreciated.

I got plex up and running last night, was able to watch a few shows on it no problem no hitch or anything. Rclone worked perfectly as well, no hickups with the stream or buffering.

This morning, I go to continue watching and I see that plex is down? I login and see what I can't access http://localhost:32400/web. I check the status of plex and I see that it failed to load the preferences.xml file? It also shows active for 8 hours, what could have caused this or where can I go from here to troubleshoot? I am new to linux so any help would be appreciated!

● plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2022-03-12 23:40:03 EST; 8h ago
Process: 1664 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1703 (PMS RunServer)
Tasks: 2 (limit: 408206)
Memory: 67.0M
CGroup: /system.slice/plexmediaserver.service
└─1703 /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server

Mar 12 23:40:03 BigDaddyServer systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server...
Mar 12 23:40:03 BigDaddyServer systemd[1]: Started Plex Media Server.
Mar 12 23:40:03 BigDaddyServer sh[1703]: Failed to load preferences at /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml
Mar 12 23:40:05 BigDaddyServer sh[1703]: Failed to load preferences at /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml

You made a change to the file breaking it.
The file got deleted.
The file got corrupted.

You can stop plex, delete the file if it is corrupted and start it back up.

Other than that, the plex forums would be the best place if you want to troubleshoot it.

Thank you, I didn't make any change to the file but I will follow-up in the plex forums.

I've never had an issue with that file before as it's pretty static. It only really changes via the GUI so possibly a bad disk or something. Dunno as that breaking is very strange.

Yepp, I have started a thread here in case anyone else runs into this: Linux/Plex preferences.xml failed to load - #6 by hoopie88 - Plex Media Server - Plex Forum