Limit VFS mount download speed

Hi folks,

Is there a way to limit a vfs mount download speed? Whenever I have 4 plex streams open i max out a gigabit connection. This server has other tasks so saturating the downlink so effortlessly isn’t good, not to mention the possibility of streams buffering because of this same reason.

Should I tweak buffer size, cache workers, vfs download limit, etc?

My current settings (and I know a bunch of these options don’t apply, they’re vestiges of an earlier time when I tested a cache remote):

/usr/bin/rclone mount cd1:encrypted /mnt/crypt --dir-cache-time=160h --cache-info-age=168h --buffer-size 256M --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --allow-other --allow-non-empty --cache-chunk-size=10M --cache-workers=16 --attr-timeout=1s --syslog --umask 002 --cache-tmp-upload-path /temp/upload --cache-tmp-wait-time 5m --cache-db-path /temp/rclonecrypt --cache-chunk-total-size 100G --cache-chunk-path /temp/cache-backend-crypt --drive-chunk-size 32M --log-level INFO

Thanks!

–bwlimit is what you need which limits the upload and download bandwidth to the figure stated.

Is that an overall limit on the mount or a limit per worker so to speak?

On the mount itself

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.