Keep the origin creation date rclone

Good afternoon
I am making a copy of an ftp source for destination s3, I am performing this command below: Do you know which option we can use to keep the origin creation date?

usr/bin/rclone copy -uv --timeout=600s --ignore-existing --transfers=30 --checkers=30 --ignore-size --progress FTP: S3:BUCKET --log-file /var/log/rclone/sync_storage-FTP-S3.log

rclone v1.45

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.11.2

Does rclone lsl FTP: show the correct dates?

If so rclone will attempt to preserve those.

Preserve the date, of the origin, for exemple if the timestamp if que file was create

I think he’s confirming if the date is correct on the source, it will show up on the destination.

If you execute the command:

rclone lsl FTP:

Does that show the proper creation date ? If so, the date on the other side should be the same.

The idea would be, I want to transfer the ftp source file to the destination s3, but the creation date of the destination (s3), how could I keep the source creation date?

For example, the source was created on 01/01/2015 and the destination would preserve this attribute,

Today I use these parameters to copy from one destination to another, does sync have any success?

usr/bin/rclone copy -uv --timeout=600s --ignore-existing --transfers=30 --checkers=30 --ignore-size --progress FTP: S3:BUCKET --log-file /var/log/rclone/sync_storage-FTP-S3.log

rclone preserves the modification date, but otherwise, yes, rclone will preserve the dates for you.

So if you copy/sync a file from ftp to s3 then from s3 to your local disk it will have the same modification on your disk as on the FTP server.

When I do the copy with sync or copy, example: I have the file created on 08/25/2002, in the ftp source, but when I copy or sync today 01/18/2019, the target file s3 will create this new file with Today’s date. How do I keep it as of 08/25/2002, would it be possible?

Your can’t keep the “creation” date with rclone currently. You can keep the modification date.

How are you seeing that?

If you use rclone ls to show the date you should see the correct one.

If you are looking at the creation date in the s3 console you will see todays date - rclone can’t set the creation date for s3 objects. It sets the modification date as metadata.