Keep rclone dir-cache across reboots

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

The directory cache/attribute cache does not seem to be maintained across reboots.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.2

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.4

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 64-bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive (Team Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount --config="C:\Users\<username>\.config\rclone\rclone.conf" --allow-other --rc --dir-cache-time 8760h --attr-timeout 8700h --poll-interval 2m ud:/ "F:\gdrive"

About the issue

So I am trying to mount rclone while keeping the whole directory structure cached, so that the mount can be navigated quickly.
I am warming up the cache using the following command:

rclone rc vfs/refresh -v --fast-list recursive=true

The problem is that I need to run this at every restart of the pc. Is there a way to write this cache to a file, which can then be read by rclone and updated as per requirement by running the above command or when the poll-interval finds some new files/folders?

P.S: Rclone mount command is running as service using nssm.

It doesn't keep it as it's stored in memory so when it's restarted you have to refresh it.

Got it, guess i'll just run the refresh command on startup.

There have been talks about moving it to a disk based thing but that has not happened yet but might be in the works at some point although @ncw would have comment on that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it is still in the works! I hope to put the scaffolding for it into 1.54

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.