[Jottacloud] Configuration Feedback

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm switching from an existing Google Drive and Dropbox setup and I'm testing out a configuration. I'm looking for others who use Jottacloud (Onlime) to receive some feedback on the configuration. Maybe I'm overseeing something that could improve (or actually decrease) performance.

Two purposes that I will mainly use this for:

1. Backups through Synology Hybrid Backup (via VPS and RSync to mounted Jottacloud)
  2. Stream media (mainly video's) with PLEX and such.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.66.0

• os/version: debian 11.9 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.10.0-23-amd64 (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.22.1
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Jottacloud + Compression + Crypt

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount oshbc: /mnt/oshb2 --allow-other --gid 1000 --uid 1000 --umask 002 --allow-non-empty --transfers 6 --dir-cache-time 1h --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 256M --vfs-cache-max-size 32G --vfs-fast-fingerprint --vfs-cache-max-age 1h --cache-dir /tmp/.oshb --tpslimit 12 --tpslimit-burst 0 --log-level DEBUG --log-file /tmp/oshb.log --jottacloud-hard-delete

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[onlime]
type = jottacloud
configVersion = 1
client_id = XXX
tokenURL = https://cloud-auth.onlime.dk/auth/realms/onlime_wl/protocol/openid-connect/token
token = XXX
device =
mountpoint =

[oshb]
type = alias
remote = onlime:SynologyHyperBackup

[oshbc]
type = crypt
remote = oshb:
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = XXX
password2 = XXX
no_data_encryption = false

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

hi,

imho, should be trusted for backups, as it is experimental.

that is for the deprecated cache remote, does nothing in your case, so can remove it.

1 Like

Removed the --cache-db-purge

How does --dir-cache-time 1h relate to --vfs-cache-max-age 1h, it seems similar to me?

WRT compress: So you are saying that I'd better leave out the compression at all? It might corrupt the backup?

rclone mount uses two vfs caches. check out my summary
https://forum.rclone.org/t/status-about-using-rclone-for-music-storage-playback-in-2021-access-times-improved/27648/34

you are free to ignore "don't use this remote in critical applications"
it has been experimental for over three years.

Well, I assume there must still be some edge-cases then that it can be unreliable. So good tip, I'll just leave that out. Would be only interesting for keeping the size a % lower considering it backups to jottacloud which reduces speed once volume increases.