Jotta gives "ERROR 500"

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I've been syncing from google drive to jotta, but are now seeing error error 500: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Could not open connection (Internal Server Error)) from Jotta.

Worked fine for a few TB of data, but then I ran into the issue of too long filenames for Jotta. So I have been experimenting with filtering. Starting/stopping. I have been syncing quite a lot big and small files (Especially some node directories.), could be they think I'm hammering them. Not sure. But still a strange error to give if that is the reason imho.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.0-beta.4758.c741c02fb.fix-dropbox-batch
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.15

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Linux Debian

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Jotta Cloud (Telia/Get whitelabel)
GSuite (GDrive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync gdrive: jotta: --progress --rc --rc-addr localhost:5575 --rc-user xx --rc-pass xx --filter-from filter_rules --fast-list --transfers 12 --checkers 24 --max-backlog 9999999 --drive-chunk-size 128M --create-empty-src-dirs --fast-list --user-agent <random string> --tpslimit 12 -vv --log-file logfile.log

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[jotta]
type = jottacloud
hard_delete = true
tokenURL = https://sky-auth.telia.no/auth/realms/get/protocol/openid-connect/token
token = {"access_token":"xxxxx"}
mountpoint = Archive/ov0gj6gqdd07c4cl1rrbaejlhk
configVersion = 1
device = Jotta

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxx
client_secret = xxx
scope = drive
service_account_file = $HOME/.config/rclone/serviceaccounts/sa_backup.json
team_drive = xxx

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2020/11/04 19:33:29 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error error 500: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Could not open connection (Internal Server Error))
2020/11/04 19:33:29 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 20ms
2020/11/04 19:38:30 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 2/10 (error Get "https://jfs.jottacloud.com/jfs/get-<idnumber>/Jotta/Archive/ov0gj6gqdd07c4cl1rrbaejlhk?mode=list": net/http: timeout awaiting response headers)
2020/11/04 19:38:30 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 40ms
2020/11/04 19:38:35 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 3/10 (error error 500: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Could not open connection (Internal Server Error))
2020/11/04 19:38:35 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 80ms
2020/11/04 19:38:40 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 4/10 (error error 500: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Could not open connection (Internal Server Error))
2020/11/04 19:38:40 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 160ms

unless you need that specific beta, i would use the latest stable.

Need that beta, but do you think that would affect the jotta part?

That looks like a problem at Jotta rather than something wrong with rclone. In particular it is a Java error and rclone is written in Go!

If you keep getting this error then you want to contact Jotta support I think.

I don't think so in this case.

1 Like

Yes, I had my supicions. Seems to have solved itself now. Maybe a small hick up at jotta cloud.

Regarding the beta, I don't need it for this particular job, but I'm syncing Dropbox to GSuite/gdrive every day - and having multiple versions installed feels like a hassle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.