Issues Syncing DropBox

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When trying to sync Dropbox to the local machine, the program is crashing out with the error:

"panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer derefrence

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.49.5-195-ge8b92f48-beta

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.1

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
GNOME 3.28.2
64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Dropbox for Business

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone -vv --log-file=rclone2.log sync Dropbox:/ /mnt/backup/dropbox -P

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x8 pc=0xcb18cb]

There should have been a backtrace after that - can you post it too please?

Hello,

I have had to paste a screen shot as I can't post more than two links in a post as a new user.

Thanks for that.

Try this

https://beta.rclone.org/branch/v1.49.5-200-g2549105d-fix-dropbox-nil-pointer-beta/ (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

Hi,

I have just tried to download the beta using the beta install string and I have downloaded v 1.49.5-199. Have I not left it long enough or do I need to do some thing special to get this?

Thanks

That build would be a special test-branch just for this problem so it would not be showing up in any normal installation script if that is what you are talking about. You will have to do a manual install for this one (really it's only replacing the .exe that is required)

If we can confirm the fix solves the issue then it will typically be integrated into the "proper" beta branch and then go on to be part of stable rclone in the next release.

You need to use that exact URL: https://beta.rclone.org/branch/v1.49.5-200-g2549105d-fix-dropbox-nil-pointer-beta/ - it is a test build just for you :slight_smile:

Morning,

Installed the beta version and running a sync, so far it has been running for almost 19min and hasn't bombed out yet, which is better. I will confirm once the sync finishes with no errors.

Thanks

Stan

Great!

How long will it take do you think?

Evening,

Its finished with no issues! The bug fix has done the trick.

Thanks

Stan

Excellent - thanks for testing :slight_smile:

I've merged this to master now which means it will be in the latest beta in 15-30 mins and released in v1.50

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.