Is there any way to sync or copy files NEWER than a given date?

I've tried looking at the docs and searching here but I'm either missing it or not understanding. I have a gdrive with about 25gb of data. I also have a local copy. I don't need this local copy so I'm trying to trim it down. I need to download nightly backups that end up on my gdrive (from other random sources like my gcc micro instance) to my local hard drive. I want to keep all files on my gdrive but only download the last week's worth. I'm aware my gdrive will continue to grow and I'm fine with that for now. I just have less dedicated local resources and trying to make this work.

Can someone please point me to the right command line switch or other documentation that might help? I'm using Ubuntu but am familiar with Windows as well, if that matters at all.

1 Like

You can do a lot of filtering in rclone. It's all documented on this page:
https://rclone.org/filtering/

What you want is probably --max-age
I don't think you can specify a date though. You'd have to specify it in "time since now". So a week would be 7d (7 days)
--max-age 7d
if you expect the transfer to take al long time you might want to add a little extra time-buffer to account for the time the process will take to work though all the files.

Hope that helps, and let me know if there is anything else you find confusing :slight_smile:

Max-age! I think that's what I'm looking for. I can write the script to do some date math and get it where I want. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.