Is it possible to use my "cleancache.db" file when not connect to the internet? (assuming my cache entries have not hit their time limit expiration?)

is it possible to use my “cleancache.db” file when not connected to the internet? (assuming my cache entries have not hit their time limit expiration?)

additionally could I do this on another computer simply by copying the file?

the example for “offline” usage would be something like lsl or lsd.
the benefit would be that it’s faster (unless it’s been a week and my timers are expiring or whatever makes it take eons rarely) and has better formatting than using windows explorer… and of course includes many harddrives that don’t exist anymore (instead of merely the ones powered up by windows).

In some cases though this data is in a closet, in a box (with a sticker label), on a hdd that may or may not have failed yet. being able to lsd and lsl such data even offline would be very nice.

1 Like

I can’t figure out what you are trying to do and how rclone plugs into your question.

Can you explain a bit more?

I want something like that

I need only a index cache without expire to use with union remote like

I first backup my data to minio I want to keep this offline so I need a index to keep online.
When I create a union remote
Minio(offline)-------->index(rw)-------->rw-remote(rw)

The index needs to be updated in some way

Any deletion on minio should be updated in the index

I should be able to move all data from rw-remote to minio when I get it online and old union remote and new minio LS should be same.

What I gain is I am able to keep backups offline for a week or a month while I still continue to take daily or hourly backups.

Probably best to lay out your requirements and open a new issue on github as it sounds like a new feature as there is a cache backend, but not sure that does what you need as it’s not meant to be ‘offline’.

Closing the old topic.