Is it possible to retrieve the root folder name?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I know that the rclone lsf , and rclone lsjson will list the files/folders under the root path but not root path itself.

May I know if it is possible to get the root folder information like name?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.57.0
- os/version: ubuntu 21.10 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.13.0-30-generic (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.17.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

Apparently root folders in google drive are called "My Drive" who knew!

Rclone doesn't expose this though - in general you'd have to list the directory above to find it.

Why do you want to know this?

I am wondering if I can get the root folder name by the id, if so, then the program can automatically assign the path1 by giving ID1 when using the following command,

rclone backend copyid drive: ID1 path1

Now, I have to manually copy the path name of ID by opening the link.

By the way, the drive name is My Drive only when the root-folder-id is empty. In other cases, like the root-folder-id is not empty, or for team drives, it shall be other names.

I see . This could need an option of copyid to use the original name. Would that help?

Yes, that would be helpful.

Hello,

I just tested the copyid command, this command seems only work for a single file only, not applicable for folder copy.

It would be better to add an option to create the original folder/file name for the rclone copy command also.

Thanks.

I don't think we can fit this into rclone copy there isn't a framework for that sort of thing.

I think the best idea would be to make copyid support copying directories and add a flag to use the discovered name.

That would be a fair amount of work though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.