iOS Rclone encrypted media viewer

Hello,

I made a iOS app for Rclone encrypted files.

CryptCloudViewer

In this time, only support Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive. I’m planning to add more storages.

1 Like

NIce! How does it work?

0 Likes

This is good, but it needs some work.

I think it would be easier if we could also import existing rclone.conf files. But I think your implementation of the encryption is custom, right? You aren’t using rclone itself (?). I tried creating a crypt remote, but because the app doesn’t ask you for all the same info as rclone, I wasn’t able to get it to work. Specifically, I use rclone on a crypted GDrive that is also using the app folder. Because I wasn’t able to provide my own Google Drive credentials, I wasn’t able to access the app data folder.

The app doesn’t work for me because of that, but this is a good step towards having rclone on iOS. I think the biggest roadblocks for iOS devs is implementing all the ChaCha20 suite as there aren’t any existing libraries for it (that I am aware of). If you got that going, that’s a very good first step.

0 Likes

Thanks for testing!

It’s right that encryption implementation is custom. This app wrote by Swift, I translated Go lang encryption routine.

I’m testing on GDrive’s normal folder, it seems to work correctly. The rclone’s app folder cannot be accessed by any other app or web interface. This app has own credentials so cannot access it. If you need to access in it, this app needs to it’s credentials or token. So this app need to add to provide your own credentials, I will try to implement it in future version.

It’s good idea to import existing rclone.conf files, it is convenience for users, I need implement it in future version too.

1 Like

Hi, is this open sourced ?

0 Likes

Now in developing, the source is private. Some private secrets should be hidden, I need some work to open the source, I’m planning to open source at least encryption framework.

1 Like

can you add something like nplayer for ios have:
inapp, built in webdav server to serve files on some port, like 127.0.0.1:8080
?

0 Likes

It will be implemented future work. I want to know why need webdav local server in iPhone and how to work it. It allows other iPhone webdav capable players will play encrypted media, doesn’t it?

0 Likes