Insane buffering lately?

i don't use mergerfs... use unionfs...

but i can confirm problems with speeds from hetzner helsinki...

spent a week trying to get answers/fix them.... ended up just moving to a german server in the end....

i always read about peering problems to the u.s..... but ive never had any at all even to the west coast i get iperfs of 22-23 MiB/s a sec solid and steady.... way more than even 4k needs....

i will say that i do get crap results before i make two tweaks.... i update the kernel, change congestion to BBR and increase a bunch of the tcp settings.... YMMV.... but it almost doubles my throughput.... and again ive never had any peering issues since i made those tweaks a couple years ago... and never seen the need for cloudflare etc...

helsinki seemed like a lost cause though... even after the tweaks i'd see drops to like 300k for an hour
: ) : (

perfect again in falkenstein now though....

Also back at Falkenstein, works so far so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

unionfs doesn't support hard links nor policies and not quite a good fit for me. If you require those, mergerfs fits better than unionfs.

yea... i was reading up on here.. why you used it....
my setup is pretty basic... i don't need to use things like sonar etc or make any hard links : )

i tried leaving fuse out altogether this build/machine... but dmn if i could get plex or emby to see the mount..... gave up and went with what worked great before (scan times and bandwidth used during scans are my only complaint)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.