Increase performance and speed on Google Drive (Personal Drive)

Hello everyone, everything good?

I'm really a newbie in rclone and I'm trying to understand a little to solve just one problem of mine, if you can help me I would be very grateful!

I just need my personal google drive account to be recognized as a disk in my windows. I've managed to configure and even mount the disk using this command here:

rclone mount gdrive: e: -vfs-cache-mode=full

But I still feel that the performance and speed are so bad. Could you help me with a command that would make the disk as fast as a local disk?

Another little thing, how can I make the disk start with Windows?

Ps. My machine and internet are good.

hello and welcome to the forum,

that is not possible, the mount will always be slower than local disk
tho there are some tweaks that could help.

use task scheduler.

if you need more help, then when you posted, there was a set of questions.
help us to help you and provide the answers.

Could you help me with this? As I said, I do not understand anything about the tool, I would like a command to mount the disk that gives me the maximum possible performance on it, I would be very grateful if you could help me.

I thought the same, I'll look for a solution using the task scheduler, sorry for asking more than one question in the thread, my mistake.

Thank you very much for your attention.

--- post the output of rclone config show gdrive:
make sure to redact id/secrets/password so it looks like this

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxx
client_secret = xxx 
scope = drive
token = xxx

--- post the output of rclone version

--- what do you plan to use the mount for?
to stream media using a media server such as plex

no idea what that means?
post the results of a speedtest, such as speedtest.net

please re-edit your last post, need to redact/delete the id/secret/token, as per my example above

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought it was to contain all the information.

with that slow internet and heavily api throttled gdrive, that is not going to happen.

your command is already using --vfs-cache-mode=full

please explain in detail, what is the exact issue you need help with?

Only if there is a way to make the performance of the mounted disk a little faster, either with some cache command or configuration.

For example, when I open the disk, I feel that it could be a little faster and that there is some configuration that I'm not doing because I don't understand.

When using the command --vfs-cache-mode=full I felt a performance improvement, but I keep wondering if there's a way to improve this even more, you know?

1. run this mount command
    rclone mount gdrive: e: --vfs-cache-mode=full --dir-cache-time=5000h --poll-interval=10s --rc --rc-addr=:5572 --rc-no-auth --drive-pacer-min-sleep=10ms --drive-pacer-burst=200
  2. after the mount is running, run this command
    rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true
  3. try navigating the mount, the e: drive
3 Likes

I just finished it and it really is much better! I'll try to learn more to better understand how it works, in advance, thank you very much for your attention and help, thank you!

1 Like

Hello

How much free space on disk do I need to have to use this cache options command?

And is it a good idea to use it on a VPS setup? The space on the VPS is quite small

Please don't hijack another user's post.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.