ImageKit.io Provider

I'm working on implementing a Backend Provider for imagekit.io, the implementation seems rock solid till now, but I have hit a snag regarding file encoding (this is for unencrypted files)

ImageKit.io does not support anything other than alphanumeric unicode characters, how is encoding handled in rclone code?

P.S. I am currently working at ImageKit as a Tech Lead

Great

Exactly which characters are allowed / not allowed?

Rclone has an encoding system which allows swapping of some characters into unicode lookalikes. This may not be enough for you though.

Have you tried running the integration tests? I imagine these will fail badly if you can only have A-Z0-9

Thanks, I'll look into this

That's where the issue was highlighted, we support the following characters

A-Za-zªµºÀ-ÖØ-öø-ˁˆ-ˑˠ-ˤˬˮͰ-ʹͶͷͺ-ͽͿΆΈ-ΊΌΎ-ΡΣ-ϵϷ-ҁҊ-ԯԱ-Ֆՙՠ-ֈא-תׯ-ײؠ-يٮٯٱ-ۓەۥۦۮۯۺ-ۼۿܐܒ-ܯݍ-ޥޱߊ-ߪߴߵߺࠀ-ࠕࠚࠤࠨࡀ-ࡘࡠ-ࡪࡰ-ࢇࢉ-ࢎࢠ-ࣉऄ-हऽॐक़-ॡॱ-ঀঅ-ঌএঐও-নপ-রলশ-হঽৎড়ঢ়য়-ৡৰৱৼਅ-ਊਏਐਓ-ਨਪ-ਰਲਲ਼ਵਸ਼ਸਹਖ਼-ੜਫ਼ੲ-ੴઅ-ઍએ-ઑઓ-નપ-રલળવ-હઽૐૠૡૹଅ-ଌଏଐଓ-ନପ-ରଲଳଵ-ହଽଡ଼ଢ଼ୟ-ୡୱஃஅ-ஊஎ-ஐஒ-கஙசஜஞடணதந-பம-ஹௐఅ-ఌఎ-ఐఒ-నప-హఽౘ-ౚౝౠౡಀಅ-ಌಎ-ಐಒ-ನಪ-ಳವ-ಹಽೝೞೠೡೱೲഄ-ഌഎ-ഐഒ-ഺഽൎൔ-ൖൟ-ൡൺ-ൿඅ-ඖක-නඳ-රලව-ෆก-ะาำเ-ๆກຂຄຆ-ຊຌ-ຣລວ-ະາຳຽເ-ໄໆໜ-ໟༀཀ-ཇཉ-ཬྈ-ྌက-ဪဿၐ-ၕၚ-ၝၡၥၦၮ-ၰၵ-ႁႎႠ-ჅჇჍა-ჺჼ-ቈቊ-ቍቐ-ቖቘቚ-ቝበ-ኈኊ-ኍነ-ኰኲ-ኵኸ-ኾዀዂ-ዅወ-ዖዘ-ጐጒ-ጕጘ-ፚᎀ-ᎏᎠ-Ᏽᏸ-ᏽᐁ-ᙬᙯ-ᙿᚁ-ᚚᚠ-ᛪᛱ-ᛸᜀ-ᜑᜟ-ᜱᝀ-ᝑᝠ-ᝬᝮ-ᝰក-ឳៗៜᠠ-ᡸᢀ-ᢄᢇ-ᢨᢪᢰ-ᣵᤀ-ᤞᥐ-ᥭᥰ-ᥴᦀ-ᦫᦰ-ᧉᨀ-ᨖᨠ-ᩔᪧᬅ-ᬳᭅ-ᭌᮃ-ᮠᮮᮯᮺ-ᯥᰀ-ᰣᱍ-ᱏᱚ-ᱽᲀ-ᲈᲐ-ᲺᲽ-Ჿᳩ-ᳬᳮ-ᳳᳵᳶᳺᴀ-ᶿḀ-ἕἘ-Ἕἠ-ὅὈ-Ὅὐ-ὗὙὛὝὟ-ώᾀ-ᾴᾶ-ᾼιῂ-ῄῆ-ῌῐ-ΐῖ-Ίῠ-Ῥῲ-ῴῶ-ῼⁱⁿₐ-ₜℂℇℊ-ℓℕℙ-ℝℤΩℨK-ℭℯ-ℹℼ-ℿⅅ-ⅉⅎↃↄⰀ-ⳤⳫ-ⳮⳲⳳⴀ-ⴥⴧⴭⴰ-ⵧⵯⶀ-ⶖⶠ-ⶦⶨ-ⶮⶰ-ⶶⶸ-ⶾⷀ-ⷆⷈ-ⷎⷐ-ⷖⷘ-ⷞⸯ々〆〱-〵〻〼ぁ-ゖゝ-ゟァ-ヺー-ヿㄅ-ㄯㄱ-ㆎㆠ-ㆿㇰ-ㇿ㐀-䶿一-ꒌꓐ-ꓽꔀ-ꘌꘐ-ꘟꘪꘫꙀ-ꙮꙿ-ꚝꚠ-ꛥꜗ-ꜟꜢ-ꞈꞋ-ꟊꟐꟑꟓꟕ-ꟙꟲ-ꠁꠃ-ꠅꠇ-ꠊꠌ-ꠢꡀ-ꡳꢂ-ꢳꣲ-ꣷꣻꣽꣾꤊ-ꤥꤰ-ꥆꥠ-ꥼꦄ-ꦲꧏꧠ-ꧤꧦ-ꧯꧺ-ꧾꨀ-ꨨꩀ-ꩂꩄ-ꩋꩠ-ꩶꩺꩾ-ꪯꪱꪵꪶꪹ-ꪽꫀꫂꫛ-ꫝꫠ-ꫪꫲ-ꫴꬁ-ꬆꬉ-ꬎꬑ-ꬖꬠ-ꬦꬨ-ꬮꬰ-ꭚꭜ-ꭩꭰ-ꯢ가-힣ힰ-ퟆퟋ-ퟻ豈-舘並-龎ff-stﬓ-ﬗיִײַ-ﬨשׁ-זּטּ-לּמּנּסּףּפּצּ-ﮱﯓ-ﴽﵐ-ﶏﶒ-ﷇﷰ-ﷻﹰ-ﹴﹶ-ﻼA-Za-zヲ-하-ᅦᅧ-ᅬᅭ-ᅲᅳ-ᅵ̀-ͯ҃-҉֑-ׇֽֿׁׂׅׄؐ-ًؚ-ٰٟۖ-ۜ۟-۪ۤۧۨ-ܑۭܰ-݊ަ-ް߫-߽߳ࠖ-࠙ࠛ-ࠣࠥ-ࠧࠩ-࡙࠭-࡛࢘-࢟࣊-ࣣ࣡-ःऺ-़ा-ॏ॑-ॗॢॣঁ-ঃ়া-ৄেৈো-্ৗৢৣ৾ਁ-ਃ਼ਾ-ੂੇੈੋ-੍ੑੰੱੵઁ-ઃ઼ા-ૅે-ૉો-્ૢૣૺ-૿ଁ-ଃ଼ା-ୄେୈୋ-୍୕-ୗୢୣஂா-ூெ-ைொ-்ௗఀ-ఄ఼ా-ౄె-ైొ-్ౕౖౢౣಁ-ಃ಼ಾ-ೄೆ-ೈೊ-್ೕೖೢೣഀ-ഃ഻഼ാ-ൄെ-ൈൊ-്ൗൢൣඁ-ඃ්ා-ුූෘ-ෟෲෳัิ-ฺ็-๎ັິ-ຼ່-ໍ༹༘༙༵༷༾༿ཱ-྄྆྇ྍ-ྗྙ-ྼ࿆ါ-ှၖ-ၙၞ-ၠၢ-ၤၧ-ၭၱ-ၴႂ-ႍႏႚ-ႝ፝-፟ᜒ-᜕ᜲ-᜴ᝒᝓᝲᝳ឴-៓៝᠋-᠍᠏ᢅᢆᢩᤠ-ᤫᤰ-᤻ᨗ-ᨛᩕ-ᩞ᩠-᩿᩼᪰-ᫎᬀ-ᬄ᬴-᭄᭫-᭳ᮀ-ᮂᮡ-ᮭ᯦-᯳ᰤ-᰷᳐-᳔᳒-᳨᳭᳴᳷-᳹᷀-᷿⃐-⃰⳯-⵿⳱ⷠ-〪ⷿ-゙゚〯꙯-꙲ꙴ-꙽ꚞꚟ꛰꛱ꠂ꠆ꠋꠣ-ꠧ꠬ꢀꢁꢴ-ꣅ꣠-꣱ꣿꤦ-꤭ꥇ-꥓ꦀ-ꦃ꦳-꧀ꧥꨩ-ꨶꩃꩌꩍꩻ-ꩽꪰꪲ-ꪴꪷꪸꪾ꪿꫁ꫫ-ꫯꫵ꫶ꯣ-ꯪ꯬꯭ﬞ︀-️︠-︯0-9²³¹¼-¾٠-٩۰-۹߀-߉०-९০-৯৴-৹੦-੯૦-૯୦-୯୲-୷௦-௲౦-౯౸-౾೦-೯൘-൞൦-൸෦-෯๐-๙໐-໙༠-༳၀-၉႐-႙፩-፼ᛮ-ᛰ០-៩៰-៹᠐-᠙᥆-᥏᧐-᧚᪀-᪉᪐-᪙᭐-᭙᮰-᮹᱀-᱉᱐-᱙⁰⁴-⁹₀-₉⅐-ↂↅ-↉①-⒛⓪-⓿❶-➓⳽〇〡-〩〸-〺㆒-㆕㈠-㈩㉈-㉏㉑-㉟㊀-㊉㊱-㊿꘠-꘩ꛦ-ꛯ꠰-꠵꣐-꣙꤀-꤉꧐-꧙꧰-꧹꩐-꩙꯰-꯹0-9d0-9²³¹¼-¾٠-٩۰-۹߀-߉०-९০-৯৴-৹੦-੯૦-૯୦-୯୲-୷௦-௲౦-౯౸-౾೦-೯൘-൞൦-൸෦-෯๐-๙໐-໙༠-༳၀-၉႐-႙፩-፼ᛮ-ᛰ០-៩៰-៹᠐-᠙᥆-᥏᧐-᧚᪀-᪉᪐-᪙᭐-᭙᮰-᮹᱀-᱉᱐-᱙⁰⁴-⁹₀-₉⅐-ↂↅ-↉①-⒛⓪-⓿❶-➓⳽〇〡-〩〸-〺㆒-㆕㈠-㈩㉈-㉏㉑-㉟㊀-㊉㊱-㊿꘠-꘩ꛦ-ꛯ꠰-꠵꣐-꣙꤀-꤉꧐-꧙꧰-꧹꩐-꩙꯰-꯹0-9l/_-

The main issue comes is with space character, control characters ␀␁␂␃␄␅␆␇␈␉␊␋␌␍␎␏␐␑␒␓␔␕␖␗␘␙␚␛␜␝␞␟ and a couple others

I think the rclone encoding system will not be powerful enough for you. Most cloud storage systems support the whole of unicode except for a few things like : or ? which rclone can substitute.

Looking at ASCII it looks like you don't support these characters (ignoring control characters)

33 !
34 "
35 #
36 $
37 %
38 &
39 '
40 (
41 )
42 *
43 +
44 ,
46 .
58 :
59 ;
60 <
61 =
62 >
63 ?
64 @
91 [
92 \
93 ]
94 ^
96 `
123 {
124 |
125 }
126 ~

However you don't support rclone's unicode equivalents *`\:␀␁␂␃␄␅␆␇␈␉␊␋␌␍␎␏␐␑␒␓␔␕␖␗␘␙␚␛␜␝␞␟␡$"#␠~<> so the standard encoding scheme won't work.

What I'd suggest you do is pick a unicode character that you do support, say ª (I chose this one because it is a 2 bytes when encoded into utf-8).

Then use this as an escape sequence to encode the UTF-8 character values in hex. UTF-8 is self synchonizing so there will either be 2,4,6, or 8 hex digits after the ª

Code point ↔ UTF-8 conversion chart from wikipedia

First code point Last code point Byte 1 Byte 2 Byte 3 Byte 4
U+0000 U+007F 0xxxxxxx
U+0080 U+07FF 110xxxxx 10xxxxxx
U+0800 U+FFFF 1110xxxx 10xxxxxx 10xxxxxx
U+10000 [b]U+10FFFF 11110xxx 10xxxxxx 10xxxxxx 10xxxxxx

So something like this (in python)

>>> def encode(c): return "ª"+c.encode("utf-8").hex()
>>> encode(" ")
'ª20'
>>> encode("ª")
'ªc2aa'
>>> encode("?")
'ª3f'
>>> encode("*")
'ªefbc8a'
>>> 

You could encode any character you cant represent and of course the escape character ª

When decoding you can tell how many hex digits to expect by looking at the first hex digit

first hex digit total digits
0-7 2 digits total
8-b invalid
c-d 4 digits total
e 6 digits total
f 8 digits total

There are probably more efficient encoding schemes but that may be good enough and it is quite simple. Do you have a length limit on file names?

I'll look into this, I was able to encode all unsupported characters to _ like it is done by the upload logic, but as per my understand of the code, the test cases are written in a way where they are strict in their assertions

There is a very generous limit of 2048 characters on the backend, so it shouldn't be a problem

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.