I want to use Rclone to batch rename files on my mega app

rclone listremotes

Terminals Response below: I believe this is the one I created in the example that's why it is named "remote" is my guess

rclone listremotes
remote:

rclone mount remote: /path/to/mountpoint -vv
need to change /path/to/mountpoint to match your system

Terminals response:

rclone mount remote: /path/to/mountpoint -vv

2023/06/03 08:01:49 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "remote:" "/path/to/mountpoint" "-vv"]

2023/06/03 08:01:49 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "remote:"

2023/06/03 08:01:49 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users/I changed this for privacy reasons lol but this is what it said/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"

need to chage that to match your system.

When you say "match my system" what do you mean exactly? What is it that I have to find within my computer, copy the name, and then paste it accordingly?

This is how the Terminal responded

rclone mount remote: Nigel’s MacBook Air -vv
2023/06/03 08:09:56 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "remote:" "Nigel’s" "MacBook" "Air" "-vv"]
Usage:
rclone mount remote:path /path/to/mountpoint [flags]

Aliases:
mount, cmount

Flags:
--allow-non-empty Allow mounting over a non-empty directory (not supported on Windows)
--allow-other Allow access to other users (not supported on Windows)
--allow-root Allow access to root user (not supported on Windows)
--async-read Use asynchronous reads (not supported on Windows) (default true)
--attr-timeout Duration Time for which file/directory attributes are cached (default 1s)
--daemon Run mount in background and exit parent process (as background output is suppressed, use --log-file with --log-format=pid,... to monitor) (not supported on Windows)
--daemon-timeout Duration Time limit for rclone to respond to kernel (not supported on Windows) (default 10m0s)
--daemon-wait Duration Time to wait for ready mount from daemon (maximum time on Linux, constant sleep time on OSX/BSD) (not supported on Windows) (default 5s)
--debug-fuse Debug the FUSE internals - needs -v
--default-permissions Makes kernel enforce access control based on the file mode (not supported on Windows)
--devname string Set the device name - default is remote:path
--dir-cache-time Duration Time to cache directory entries for (default 5m0s)
--dir-perms FileMode Directory permissions (default 0777)
--file-perms FileMode File permissions (default 0666)
--fuse-flag stringArray Flags or arguments to be passed direct to libfuse/WinFsp (repeat if required)
--gid uint32 Override the gid field set by the filesystem (not supported on Windows) (default 20)
-h, --help help for mount
--max-read-ahead SizeSuffix The number of bytes that can be prefetched for sequential reads (not supported on Windows) (default 128Ki)
--network-mode Mount as remote network drive, instead of fixed disk drive (supported on Windows only)
--no-checksum Don't compare checksums on up/download
--no-modtime Don't read/write the modification time (can speed things up)
--no-seek Don't allow seeking in files
--noappledouble Ignore Apple Double (._) and .DS_Store files (supported on OSX only) (default true)
--noapplexattr Ignore all "com.apple.*" extended attributes (supported on OSX only)
-o, --option stringArray Option for libfuse/WinFsp (repeat if required)
--poll-interval Duration Time to wait between polling for changes, must be smaller than dir-cache-time and only on supported remotes (set 0 to disable) (default 1m0s)
--read-only Only allow read-only access
--uid uint32 Override the uid field set by the filesystem (not supported on Windows) (default 501)
--umask int Override the permission bits set by the filesystem (not supported on Windows) (default 18)
--vfs-cache-max-age Duration Max age of objects in the cache (default 1h0m0s)
--vfs-cache-max-size SizeSuffix Max total size of objects in the cache (default off)
--vfs-cache-mode CacheMode Cache mode off|minimal|writes|full (default off)
--vfs-cache-poll-interval Duration Interval to poll the cache for stale objects (default 1m0s)
--vfs-case-insensitive If a file name not found, find a case insensitive match (default true)
--vfs-disk-space-total-size SizeSuffix Specify the total space of disk (default off)
--vfs-fast-fingerprint Use fast (less accurate) fingerprints for change detection
--vfs-read-ahead SizeSuffix Extra read ahead over --buffer-size when using cache-mode full
--vfs-read-chunk-size SizeSuffix Read the source objects in chunks (default 128Mi)
--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit SizeSuffix If greater than --vfs-read-chunk-size, double the chunk size after each chunk read, until the limit is reached ('off' is unlimited) (default off)
--vfs-read-wait Duration Time to wait for in-sequence read before seeking (default 20ms)
--vfs-used-is-size rclone size Use the rclone size algorithm for Used size
--vfs-write-back Duration Time to writeback files after last use when using cache (default 5s)
--vfs-write-wait Duration Time to wait for in-sequence write before giving error (default 1s)
--volname string Set the volume name (supported on Windows and OSX only)
--write-back-cache Makes kernel buffer writes before sending them to rclone (without this, writethrough caching is used) (not supported on Windows)

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command mount needs 2 arguments maximum: you provided 4 non flag arguments: ["remote:" "Nigel’s" "MacBook" "Air"]

need to pick a real, existing folder on your machine and use that.
pick a folder inside your homedir.

Terminals Response:

rclone mount remote: Desktop -vv
2023/06/03 08:19:06 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "remote:" "Desktop" "-vv"]
2023/06/03 08:19:06 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "remote:"
2023/06/03 08:19:06 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users/nigelsantana/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2023/06/03 08:19:30 INFO : mega root '': poll-interval is not supported by this remote
2023/06/03 08:19:30 NOTICE: mega root '': --vfs-cache-mode writes or full is recommended for this remote as it can't stream
2023/06/03 08:19:30 Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: cannot open: Desktop: open Desktop: operation not permitted

I made and named the folder "Desktop btw"

make sure these commands work:
ls Desktop
rclone ls Desktop -vv

First command:

ls Desktop

ls: Desktop: Operation not permitted

Second command:

rclone ls Desktop -vv

2023/06/03 08:52:26 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "ls" "Desktop" "-vv"]

2023/06/03 08:52:26 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "Desktop"

2023/06/03 08:52:26 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users/nigelsantana/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"

2023/06/03 08:52:26 DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item "Desktop" to be canonical "/Users/nigelsantana/Desktop"

2023/06/03 08:52:26 ERROR : : failed to open directory "": open /Users/nigelsantana/Desktop: operation not permitted

2023/06/03 08:52:26 DEBUG : 4 go routines active

2023/06/03 08:52:26 Failed to ls: failed to open directory "": open /Users/nigelsantana/Desktop: operation not permitted

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.