I want to take advantage of VFS Directory Cache but I don't want/need any other mounting features. What do I do?

I just read 1.53 release note.
I want to take advantage of VFS Directory Cache but I don't want/need any other mounting features. What do I do?

Right now I have a google cloud drive wrapped inside a crypt wrapped inside a cache. Cache is bad.

So I guess what I want to do is wrap my crypt inside a VFS directory cache, but that requires using a mount?

I'm on windows though so mounting is a bit flakey? All I really care about is the VFS directory cache though to replace my current depreciated cache.

This feature is coming - it will be called the VFS backend and you'll wrap your other backend like cache does at the moment. I have a test version of the VFS backend at the moment.

What is your use case - it would be helpful for me to know if I'm going on the right direction.

1 Like

I just want to run lsl as fast as possible, and ddos google as little as possible. All files will be rclone copy into the cache.

Although I will say that my lsl commands got about 50 times faster when I got a new pc and new 5 times faster internet. But still, if I can cache the data needed for an lsl, I should.

You still need the cache backend for this for the moment.

Next iteration of the VFS changes will cache metadata and with the VFS backend will do just what you want.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.