I propose a new improved flag --vfs-used-is-about to know the amount of space used, and also START Rclone instantly

(First of all, sorry for my English. I use an automatic translator).

I propose a new improved flag --vfs-used-is-about to know the amount of space used, and also START Rclone instantly.

Well, if it is based on "Rclone about", it will work instantly, regardless of how many files there are.

The problem is that with the current flag --vfs-used-is-size
in the case of having enough files, for example only 11600 files, and 2100 folders, it is already unfeasible. Booting the rclone is so extremely slow that it cannot be used.

Because it has to look at the files one by one, and make the sum of the used space, as if you had done "rclone size".

But :slight_smile: there is "rclone about", which gives you the used space instantly.

That's why I propose the new flag --vfs-used-is-about to be able to instantly know the space used.

And be able to combine it with the flag --vfs-disk-space-total-size SizeSuffix Specify the total space of disk

I do not like --vfs-used-is-size because it is uses lots of resources.

Finding the disk free should be using rclone about already if you do not use --vfs-used-is-size.

This should work already I think.

Please can you give an example showing what happens when you run rclone?

Also which cloud storage system are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.