Howto connect rclone to seafile using library api token

Hi!

I am struggling to setup rclone with seafile using the library api-token. The documentation suggests that this should be possible. I tried with both the "app-name" and "generated-by" as 'user' and the "api_token" as 'password'. Instead of the library name I supplied the "repo-id" for 'library' (all taken from the seafile-api-call api/v2.1/repos/<repo-id>/repo-api-tokens/

The error, when I do a simple "ls", suggests that I supplied the wrong fields or a wrong combination:

rclone ls <connection-name>:

and got

Failed to create file system for "<connection-name>:": Unable to login with provided credentials.

Has anyone managed to do what I am trying?

Thanks for reading!

rclone v1.58.0

• os/version: darwin 12.3 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 21.4.0 (arm64)
  • os/type: darwin
  • os/arch: arm64
  • go/version: go1.17.8
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: none

hello and welcome to the forum,

please post
--- redacted config file
--- full rclone debug log.

2022/03/30 17:45:41 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.58.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "ls" "filesync-test:" "-vv"]
2022/03/30 17:45:41 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "filesync-test:"
2022/03/30 17:45:41 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users/user/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/03/30 17:45:43 DEBUG : Seafile server version 8.0.17
2022/03/30 17:45:43 Failed to create file system for "filesync-test:": Unable to login with provided credentials.
cat /Users/user/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
[filesync-test]
type = seafile
url = https://seafile-abc.com
user = user@seafile-abc.com
pass = <pass>
library = <library-id>

please reedit that post, to redact/remove sensitive info such as pass and library.

it is all dummy data

@creativeprojects do you have any ideas here?

Can maybe someone tell me how to use this option: --seafile-auth-token ? I suppose it lets me supply an auth token.

Thanks!

That is the auth token and expiry all wrapped up in a JSON blob.

I think it might be best if you open a new issue on Github about this and I'll tag the author of the backend there for you.

done: connect rclone to seafile using library api token · Issue #6126 · rclone/rclone · GitHub

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Sorry I missed that :roll_eyes:

Authentication via API token doesn't work. We need to rebuild a new backend with a different API.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.