How to use rsync with GoogleDrive?

Hello,
I am new to rclone and I wold like to use it to sync files between my machines, using Google Drive (since I have it, it is accessed by all the machines and it is, up to a point, free) as a shared repository.
I understand the command should be:

rclone sync -i SOURCE remote:DESTINATION

so if I wanted to sync the Documents folder, I should use ~/Documents. But what is the line for the destination?
I am using Ubuntu 20 on all machines, and there is a google drive folder, thus I access it using a test folder in home as follows:

$ rclone version
rclone v1.53.3
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.15.5

$ rclone sync -i ~/shareDir/ remote:/run/user/1000/gvfs/google-drive:host=gmail.com,user=***
2020/12/03 14:46:18 NOTICE: Config file "~/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" not found - using defaults
2020/12/03 14:46:18 Failed to create file system for "remote:/run/user/1000/gvfs/google-drive:host=gmail.com,user=***": didn't find section in config file

I created a folder in Google Drive; I took the path from the folder's properties and I tried to link it with:

$ rclone mount remote:google-drive://***@gmail.com/ /home/***/
2020/12/03 14:50:37 NOTICE: Config file "/home/***/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" not found - using defaults
2020/12/03 14:50:37 Failed to create file system for "remote:google-drive://***@gmail.com/": didn't find section in config file

What would be the correct procedure?
Thank you

If you fill out the help template, we can give you a hand as the rclone.conf is missing so it's hard to tell you what to change.

hello and welcome to the forum,

you need create a remote for gdrive
https://rclone.org/drive/

Thank you, I ran it but at the and I get:

$ rclone lsd remote:
2020/12/04 09:36:02 Failed to create file system for "remote:": didn't find section in config file

also, I don't want to link the whole Google drive but only one of its folders...

post your config file using https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_config_show/.
make sure to redact id and passwords.

you need to change remote: to the name of the remote you created using rclone config

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.